Chapter 18: Family

It had been a few days since the party, three exactly. Thor had been getting drunk as much as possible, today we were supposed to go back to Earth, and no one seemed rushed to get going.

Loki had refused to speak to me, mentally and physically. And I recently became aware of my feelings for him. Although that wouldn't change anything between us it felt nice to have order, even in my own mind.

But that didn't mean I didn't miss my friend. We both have our guards up, waiting for the other to drop theirs first. Like a competition. And I was loosing.

Thor had let me know that soon enough we needed to get ready to leave. I packed my things up, making sure I grabbed everything just before going over to my large mirror picking up the small picture on the corner.

It had been of Thor, Loki and I back at the tower on Earth.

All laughing and smiling.

I smiled at the memory, and walked over to my things, making sure I wouldn't lose it. That had become a fond moment for me. Making Loki smile. It was the first time I did so. Only a few days after getting to Earth we all talked, just the three of us, about missing home, and I had asked Bucky to take a few photos, which Loki wasn't all that pleased about, but gave in.

I was soon pulled from my thoughts when someone knocked at my door.

"It's open Thor, come in." I said still looking at the small picture.

"I, um- it's me.." A low and husky voice appeared. I looked up thinking it may be Volstagg or Hogun again. Only to be surprised by my own eyes.

"Oh- hey..." it was Loki, he peered passed the door asking to come in.

"Can I?" He asked in a gentle manner.

"Sure- I, I mean yes. Come in." I stuttered. I haven't spoken to him in days and it felt weird. I didn't know how to talk to him or if he was still the same Loki I had become friends with months ago.

I was still holding the small picture of us, staring at it. Not returning his gaze he had been giving me.

Those had been good times.

Simpler times.

"Thor and my Mother wanted me to let you know it's time to go..." his voice now low and hushed.

"Okay, I'll be out in a minute thank you." I said now standing, putting the picture in my pocket.

"Y/n, can we talk?" He asked, taking another step towards me. I looked over at him. He looked vulnerable and nervous.

"Come sit." I said looking at my chairs by the windows. I sat and looked outside, holding my breath.

"I'm sorry I have been so distant, I've had a lot on my mind and I-" he looked down at his hands trying to find his words.

"Distant..? You have ignored me for three days after we had an amazing time in the garden and you call that distant? Loki, I-
You're confusing me!" I threw my hands up, I was hurt, confused...alone.

"You dance with me in places we can't be caught, you call me names that make my heart do backflips and then the next day you stare daggers my way!" I confusingly shouted. My words coated in sadness.

"How am I supposed to talk to you if I don't know how to-!"

Loki stopped me swiftly, stopping my words when he cupped his hand to my face.

"I'm sorry Darling, I am working on it. Im not used to such feelings-" Loki tried to speak before Thor came crashing in ruining our conversation.

"Guys! Come on we need to get go...ing..? I'm interrupting things again aren't I." He said looking at the two of us, now six feet from one another.

"Yes-" we both shouted and then sharply looked at each other.

We can talk back at the Tower.

I spoke to him gently.

"Let's get going." Loki said now irritated under his breath. We headed to the rainbow bridge and I had only seen two horses, Thor's and Loki's. Loki quickly gave me a look and nodded for me to ride with Thor this time. Thor helped me up and we followed just behind Loki.

We said our goodbye to Heimdall and headed back through Bifrost. I quickly grabbed onto Loki's arm which he had handed out to me.

I hated this.

Before I knew it I was standing on the roof of the Avengers tower. And then all the sudden I got a very apparent nauseous feeling waving over me as I teleported to Loki's room with him. I leaned over about to throw up, my stomach in knots.

"Please try and refrain from releasing your stomachs contents here. It's a very small room and I know the smell tends to be quite foul." He claimed.

"Don't do that!" I exclaimed, attempting to shake off the last remains of my dizziness.

"Sorry." He said sitting down on his bed.

"Loki can this wait? Is been weeks for them, they need to see me eventually." I had asked him.

"Their not here. I checked. Mission." He said ushering me to sit down too. I looked out the door and sure enough no one was home. I shut the door and began to speak.

"Lokes...this is very confusing." I said holding my head in my hands, which had now been spinning.

"I know. I'm confused too." He said giving me a gentle gaze.

"All I know is you are more than just my friend Darling..." Loki looked nervous. Grabbing ahold of my hands into his, which I had realized were extremely cold.

I was looking for my own answer and he was growing more and more nervous by the mere silence. I didn't need to say anything. I put my head on his shoulder and deeply sighed. His heart was beating extremely fast.

"I want to explore these feelings with you Loki." I finally spoke breaking the silence. He let go of the breath he had been holding. I sat up looking at him.

Waiting for a response.

"Until we can fully explore this feeling, I suggest the others not know about this..?" He responded, tucking my hair behind my ear once more, this time weakly smiling at me. I nodded and stood up. Hearing a loud noise from down stairs.

"What? She's back? Oh my god finally!"
And then rapid amount of thuds, as they all ran upstairs. I turned to Loki giving him a smile.

I should go, see you soon?

See you soon Darling.

He gave me a slight smile as I teleported to the lounge room startling everyone.

"God- you have GOT to stop doing that!" Bucky yelled.

"Sorry, sorry!" I apologized before getting crushed by the amount of hugs. Wanda giving me loud and obnoxious kisses on the forehead.

Asgard may be home.

But nothing could beat the family I've made here.