Chapter 68: The Final Stone

You stumble to your feet. Without hesitation you rush to the lab. You carefully set the green stone next to the others.

Red,
Yellow,
Orange,
Blue,
Purple,
And finally, Green.

Bruce rushes to your side, you open the palm if your hand, showing the green stone.

"Oh my god." He whispers, taking the stone in your hand. "It was here all alone..." you say quietly. Bruce looks to you and with all the commotion, the others rush over too.

"What- how did you..." Natasha goes to protest but you smile at her. This meant a few things.

"No need for time-travel." You whisper. Scott looks to you, awestruck. His open mouth finally turned into a grin.

"You are- wow..." he goes to touch the stone, but Natasha smacks his hand way. He takes it away and rubs the spot she just hit.

"Don't touch anything." She speaks. She turns to Steve and then to you. She and Steve walk away, ushering you to walk with them. You look to Bruce who waves you off. You begin to walk with Natasha and Steve as the talk amongst the three of you. You all walk to the meeting room to discuss what to do next.

"We need Tony back here." Steve says as he leans against the meeting room wall. Your eyes look away at his statement.

"There's no way he's coming back." You state, a sigh following your frustration.

"I wouldn't be so sure." Natasha speaks up. You look over to her with furrowed brows. She smirks and the looks to Steve.

"I've got an idea." She continues.

______

A few Moments Later.

"By- 'I've got an idea-" you say, opening the door of the black Audi and looking directly at Natasha, who was in the drivers seat.

"I didn't think you meant we storm his house." you huff. Natasha laughs slightly under her breath. Steve sits quietly in the passenger side of one of Tonys old cars, in which he left after the blip.

Natasha pulls up to a distant house out in the middle of nowhere. The home was crowded with trees and brush from the greenery. As you step out of the car, you notice the all too familiar man.

He and Pepper sat on the porch. Your smile widens as you see a small infant in the arms of pepper, Tony had just moved away at the sight of us. He whispers something to Pepper, and she slowly stands, walking back into the home. Tony gets to his feet. Not a smile to be shared. He almost looked frustrated.

"Well? What is it?" Tony asks, tossing his hands up and then back down to his side. You three step forward and begin to walk towards him.

"I had to change my number; you know. You wouldn't stop calling." Tony bitterly announced as he began to pick up his things from the porch. You looked to Natasha, who gave you a friendly glare.

"Tony, we found something-" You started. Tony shook his head, causing you to stop in your sentence.

"I'm out." He states. You slightly faulter. Steve look to his feet and sighs. Natasha furrows her brows. "I have a life- a family to protect." he finishes. He looks over to you, his dark brown eyes meet yours.

"We do too...Tony this is our chance to-"

"I can't. I'm sorry kid..." He cuts you off. It was silent before he begins to head back inside.

"We have all the stones." You announce. Tony stands still, frozen in his tracks.

"It took a while, but we've got them Tony..." You say, taking a step to him, his back still turned to you. He slowly turns to you, his brows furrowed. "Tony...we can get them back- we can get Peter back-"