Chapter 39: Hela

Thor walks up behind you as you slip the cold jacket on your arms. You cross them and sigh deeply.

Thor wraps an arm around your back and looks out over Asgard, which is now in shambles. You slowly laid your head on his shoulder.

"Come on, let's finish this." He smiled weakly. He helped walk the both of you out of the quinjets entrance. You walked the rainbow bridge, your heavy breaths shook with each step.

The quinjet was set by the Bifrost.

"Its-" you paused and stopped in your tracks.

Everything was destroyed.

"Oh my god..." you whispered. You slowly looked around, noticing people gathered near the entrance of the castle.

You noticed Thor's gaze as well. He nodded for you to go to them. Unsure of where he would be going.

You quickly teleported to the small number of Asgardians. They all cried out with relief, some fell to their knees. You noticed one familiar face.

"Sif!" You ran over to her as she noticed you. She sighed and smiled at you.

"You've made it!" She replies as she pulled you into a big hug.

"Where's-" your mind ran to one in particular.

You pulled away and the look on her face could have broken your heart.

"We don't have much time..." she whispered. You looked to her, she pointed to a small part of Asgard within the mountains.

Only few knew if this place. Thor, Frigga, Loki, and Heimdall.

This had to be where Hela was going.

"She's after the Bifrost sword." She firmly stated. You nodded and then hugged her again. As you pulled away you turned and began to run.

"Get the people somewhere safe!" You shouted as you pulled away to find a higher viewpoint.

You've never ran faster in your life, you rushed until you could see just the opening of the large safe housing carved into the mountain side.

You teleported as much as you could, but most was on foot at this point.

You got to the door, no sign of Hela. The gateway was demolished. You peered in to see only an empty room.

A hand grabbed you. You quickly went to attack but your eyes softened as you noticed who had your hand.

"Heimdall!" You whispered as you threw your arms over his shoulders. He didn't say much.

"You must get the people to Sif!" You told him, being cautious of your loudness. He turned and then looked back.

"Their safe." He whispered back. You turned and then noticed loud screams.

You grabbed Heimdalls hand, teleporting to the sounds. It was the people. You stood now on the rainbow bridge. There was no way out.

You turned to face what was the cause of the screams.

"Oh shit." You whispered.

A dog, the size of two school buses charged forward. You rushed to the front of the crowd and braced for impact, ready to place up a shield.

You heard a slight whimper and then it was quiet. There were whispers all around. You opened one eye before you looked up to see the large black wolf eyeing you.

You looked into his beautiful green eyes. The wolf was like nothing you've ever seen before.

The people backed away, but intrigued you stepped forward. The wolf huffed and as you reached a hand out to touch it, it slightly growled.