Chapter 56: Betrayal

You look down, ashamed as Bucky lowers his gun. You walk to him slowly, the aliens attacking everyone but Bucky.

"Y/n-" he rushes over to you. You stop in front of him. Blue flames in the palms of your hands. He stops, brows furrowed.

"Don't get my way Buck..." you say, hoping maybe he'll save you from the fight.

"Doll- what are you doing?" You look away, tears well in your eyes.

"Move Bucky." You say demanding he just listen. He falters and shakes his head.

"Are you kidding me?" He asks, in disbelief, he was shocked.

"Guys! We need a little help!" Steve said while fighting off some of the monsters. You turned to Bucky with a plead in your eyes.

"I need you to move." You stated sternly. He scoffed and looked at you.

"I can't believe this." He growled.

"Please don't make this harder than it is..." you plead. He shakes his head.

As more and more monsters came into view you used your magic to throw them around. You threw your hands to the ground and the earth shook, your flames crashing under the grounds surface and exploding on a herd of them.

Bucky turned to you, he then understood. Or so he thought.

"You're not on his side, but you're not on ours." He scoffed.

"Unbelievable." He says, walking away from you.

The remaining team and Wakandans are struggling against the monsters. Steve and the Black Panther still fighting side-by-side.

Rhodey hovers over the breach in the walls, pouring ammunition into the flood of bodies until a huge hammer knocks him out of the sky and to the ground.

The Hulkbuster is dogpiled and pinned. You watched as your magic became no use against the mass of enemies.

Distracted, you were tackled and then the monsters rolled off of you. Bucky goes down, and fights off an aliens fangs that are snapping at his head.

You scrambled to your feet and threw a flame at the alien, burning it to ash. You helped Bucky to his feet.

"Are you okay?" You asked him. He dusted his clothes.

"I'm fine-" he tosses his hand out of yours and begins to rush away.

Suddenly, a large beam of rainbow-hued light lands in the middle of the action. The loud boom caused you to duck and cover your head. Then an axe flies out of it, wreathed with lightning and tearing through the aliens, freeing the team from their hold.

The axe flies back to the light and into a hand just as the beam cuts out, revealing a tall, muscular man with short blonde hair, Thor.

You see a small walking tree, and a raccoon. Stand just beside him.

Everyone paused in astonishment.

"Shit" You whisper.

"AH-hahaha! You guys are so screwed now!" Bruce cheered. Opening the Hulkbuster's helm and laughing with joy.

"BRING ME THANOS!" The man yelled as he charges toward the hordes of aliens, followed by the tree and raccoon, lightning gathering around him until he finally launches himself into the air, lands in the densest concentration of monsters and makes a crater where they had stood.