Chapter 10: The Unexpected

I had began training with Wanda and Strange, and although they were helping, there were somethings they just couldn't teach me no matter how much we tried.

It had been a constant battle whether my magic would work with them or not, most of the time it wouldn't show, but I'd be tired like if I had been using it. I learned how to use my magic like weapons, my favorite being sharp, blue flaming, daggers that would only appear when I needed them to. But lately, even my daggers had been a no show.

"It's not gonna show Wanda, we've been at this for weeks." I said catching my breath. I have been working myself down to the bone, yet nothing would happened.

"We have to try Y/N, it's the only way to test if you're truly ready." Wanda was tired but she was determined to not give up.

"Wanda we've been trying, you and I both need a break. I can't keep going on like this not knowing if it's going to even happen or not. I can't control it, you can't control it, and Strange can't control it. Even if I was ready, it's not like Natasha would let me out of the house anyways, she doesn't trust me." I said sadly staring at my feet again.

"Well it's not up to her, it's up to Tony and you know that, he's chosen you to work with us. When Tony has his mind on something it doesn't change." She knew how badly I wanted this and how hard I was willing to work for it, but it was useless.

"Why don't you go up and shower and we'll meet again tomorrow, same time, okay?" She gave me a warm smile, she could tell I was pushing myself too much and let me go.

"Hey JARVIS, can you tell Tony I need to speak with him about my magic when he gets the chance please?" I asked the AI as I was using the elevator.

"Of course miss Y/N. I will make sure he gets the message."

It was still fairly early in the morning, no one had been awake yet, lucky them. I decided that just in case Bucky felt like throwing the pots and pans today I would make everyone breakfast. Everyone slowly started to wake up and I carried on with breakfast. Eggs, bacon, toast, sausage, with some orange juice, and milk laid out for people to come and grab.

"Breakfast is done guys, come and eat!" I shouted, and everyone groaned hungrily.

Bucky and Steve had shown much appreciation as they took all the toast, glaring around like hungry bears, making sure no one stole their precious breakfast. Which made people laugh at them for being so protective over such things.

"Don't worry I won't steal your toast Bucky, we made a truce! As long as you don't tackle me again." Loki had finally emerged from him room, picking up a piece of bacon and tossing it into his mouth.

Everyone soon enough sighed at how much food they ate, not wanting to waste the food that sat made for them.

"Can you be our personal cook all the time? Don't get me wrong- Tony can be great but he always burns everything." Sam had said trying to make sure Tony didn't take offense. Everyone nodded in agreement to his comment.

"Oh please! I run a superhero team, I don't have time to be cooking in the kitchen! And plus, my cooking is exquisite!" Tony protested, giving a chef kiss in the air, making everyone is the room chuckle and scoff at his arrogance. In the mix of everyone laughing and talking Tony piped up.

"Oh- no more time for breakfast we've got something! Gear up everyone!- and
Y/N, follow me please!" Tony rushed to the elevator ushering you in.

"Okay kid I've been working on your suit, seeing as how you're going to need one. It has everything you need, just be careful with it okay?" He said bringing me to the Lab and waving me over to a table.