Chapter 64: The Missing Stone

You sat, staring at the five stones. Your frown became frustration.

Rocket walks over as you slide down one of the pillars. Laying your head back against it.

"We'll find it y/n..." he says as he places a hand to your shoulder.

Of course it wasn't going to be easy. Why would it be. It was never the easy way out.

"We were so close..." you say as you close your eyes and pull your head from the pillar, letting it hang to your lap.

"We still have five out of the six stones, you give up too easily." He says. You look up at him. He holds a hand out to you.

"Come on, get up." He says. "You look pitiful down there." You sigh and grab his hand, Carol helps you stand, holding you up while rocket pulls you off the ground.

Carol grabs the stones from the table and then holds her hand open for you to grab them.

"Maybe your scientist friend can help." Carol says. You sigh and look to her. She was referring to Bruce.

You take the stones in your hand. You felt a strange overwhelming feeling throughout your body as you held them all.

You nod to Carol, as the three of you walk the path of the roses, you pick a few on your way out. They grew back quickly.

You lifted one to your nose, smelling them. They smelt exactly like the garden on Asgard.

You smiled at the memory as the three of you begin your journey back to the ship.

———
Thors POV

Morning was approaching. Thor was up earlier than most. He sat in the living room. Waiting for y/n's door to swing open. When it eventually didn't occur, he grew suspicious.

He sat, leaned back in his chair. The creek of a door caused his gaze to look at the recipient.

"Where is she." He questioned.

Natasha stopped in her tracks.

———
Natasha's POV

Shit.

"Who?" She asked nervously. Thor pushes the chair he sat in, out. He stood, slowly walking to her.

"She's in Vanaheim. Isn't she." Thor asked, Natasha slowly nodded. Thor hung his head and sighed.

"I told her to rest." He quietly responded. Natasha pressed her lips together.

"Let her do this." Natasha says quietly back. Thor looked to her.

"This is all she's been waiting for. Let her have it." She says. "She'll be okay." Natasha nods her head at him, telling him it would all be okay. Thor finally settled. Until the ground of the compound slightly rumbled.

They both looked to each other and then sprinted out to the compounds field.

———
Your POV

As the ship lands, you slowly step out of the ship, the others close behind. You drag your feet on the ground. Sadly.

You look up at the sound of loud thumps.

Natasha and Thor.

You hang your head and slump your shoulders. As they both walk over they too, notice only the five stones.

Thor places a hand to your shoulder. Natasha lays her head on your other, sighing sadly.

As she settles her head in the crease of your neck, you choke out a sob. Your hands begin to tremble and your heart feels like it might just break. You quickly hold your head in your hands, catching your tears just at your fingertips.