Chapter 16: No More Music

Your POV.

I remembered that the garden had still been here, I waved towards Thor and let him know where I was going, just so he wouldn't worry. He nodded and gave me a warm smile. I made my way to the garden and sat on the bench, turning away from the entrance.

Before I knew it I was sobbing. I was so overwhelmed, with Loki being cold hearted to me and coming home and being bombarded with so many memories, and then Odin... being Odin.

It was all too much and I couldn't hold it in, I sobbed until I couldn't breathe. After awhile, I regained my composure and wiped my eyes of any lingering tears. I patted the dust and dirt off my dress and stood.

"We've got to stop meeting like this." A hushed, deep voice spoke, which had startled me. I turned around quickly and was shocked.

"Lokes-" I quickly stopped and remembered he didn't like it when I would call him that.

"sorry, Loki...what are you doing here." I sat back down still wiping tears from my cheeks.

"Thor told me what happened. Are you alright?" He asked gently.

"Why would you care? It's not like we're friends." I said coldly still staring at the floor.

"Y/n, come on...I didn't mean it, I was just-" I was angry, and now he could understand why.

"You what, Loki? You were angry? You didn't mean it? Well if that's the only thing you can say to justify your coldness, then I don't know if I can forgive you." I turned to look at him. My eyes had become red from the sobbing.

He looked down at his shoes. Guilt.

This was the first time I had seen him since Earth, which had been about 2 hours ago.

He had been wearing a tight, black suit.
Definitely not something the Prince of Asgard would wear.

"I'm sorry. You are my friend. My best friend." He struggled to say. Which only made me believe he didn't mean it.

"Darling, please. You have to believe I didn't mean what I said..." This time looking up at me, searching for my response.

"Don't call me that." Still angry, I didn't mean that. My mind was telling me to be mad but my heart, was telling me to take back what I said. But I couldn't help it. I was beyond hurt. And he knew that.

"You should get back to the celebration." I said turning back to the floor.

"I don't like celebrations." He said smirking at my offer. I knew that, but I didn't want him to know I remembered.

"Well, the library is open." Now I felt bad. I felt guilty.

Follow me.

I thought he closed his mind off to me, why would he close it off just to open it again? I may be mad, but I was also curious. I stood up and followed, he led me to a small opening just behind the garden.

I didn't know that was here...had it been here all this time? How did he know this was here?

We had gone through the small entrance and it opened up to a large balcony hanging off the side of Asgard. Looking over the edge and grasping the railing.

"Is this where your push me off and I die?" I turned around suspiciously.

"If that's what you wish." He said nudging my arms slightly, which caught me off guard and I tripped over my feet.

I didn't get far before the familiar green mist caught me and Loki stuck his hand out for me to grab. I had reluctantly grabbed his arm letting him help me up. I decided to sit down and watch what had now been a sunset lasting decades.