Chapter 72: "Out of Time."

2 years later.

As you stalked the streets of New York under dully lit street lights, the chilly air had hit your cheeks. The cold from the winter had already rolled in and snow began to stick to the grounds of the beautiful city. You made your way to Times Square, usually it would be packed with people, but the cold seemed to have pushed the people away.

It was a nice night for a walk. It was odd staying in your apartment for too long, it felt...restricting.

Every once in awhile you would take your dog out for walks around this familiar park. Only to be drawn to a specific place.

You walked to Times Squares large fountain which hadn't frozen over yet. The area was filled with glowing lights, it truly is a mesmerizing site to see.

You looked down to the water. Almost feeling familiar to this place. You came here every once in awhile. Like an obsession.

You slowly reached down and touched the water, as cold as it was, it was comforting.

As you turned around, you walked over to the beautiful white roses. You'd never seen flowers that didn't wilt during the winter.

It was fascinating. Watching them bloom. You traced your finger over the white petals, slowly smiling down at them. You didn't want to pick one, in fear it wouldn't re-bloom.

So instead, you came here, every night. Watching them, feeling them. The familiarity of the roses brought you comfort.

You felt a pair of eyes on you. Watching you. You slowly turned around and your gaze was met by a tall, lean man.

His long raven hair, draped just past his shoulders and his bluish green eyes glued themselves to you. He was dressed in a long black winter coat, his hands in his coat pockets. He was handsome to say the least.

Captivated by the sight of the man, you couldn't remember where you had seen him before. He made you feel safe, in a weird way.

As if it was an instinct.

You took and step closer and slightly laughed.

"I'm sorry, but- do I know you?" You asked the man. A small smile on your lips.

"No...no I'm sorry to bother you, I thought you were somebody else." The man claimed. He turned and began to walk away.

"Wait!" You called out, the man stopped and turned around.

"No, I know you from somewhere...you look so familiar..." you said almost in a whisper.

You inspected the mans face and then noticed a gold and green watch on his wrist.

"I designed a watch just like that for- for..." you paused and furrowed your brows.

"For who?" The man asked. You studied the watch and then looked back up.

"I can't remember." You said with confusion in your voice.

"Must have been someone else." The man stated. He cleared his throat. You looked up and noticed his eyes watering.

"Yeah, probably..." you whispered softly. He looked around and then stuffed his hands in his pockets.

"It was nice meeting you, Darling." The man said, his old English accent coating his sentences. He began to walk away.

Darling?

You slowly walked over to the man, the sound of your heeled leather boots caught his attention, he slowed down, turning around and noticed you catching up to him.