Chapter 69: Endgame

You woke up bright and early, six thirty, in the morning to be exact and headed for the training room, just to get your blood pumping for the day. Not too much just enough.

Then you needed a shower.

Badly.

You and Wanda made breakfast, and everyone crowed into the room all looking hungrily at the bacon and omelets.

"This is why you're the chef!" Natasha shouted as she picked up her fork and began to eat her sharing. Everyone laughed and said their thoughts about the food, all good things.

After about twenty-seven minutes, which you were definitely not counting...You waved Bruce over. He got up and walked over to me trying to not draw any attention to himself.

And failed. Miserably.

"So how exactly are we going to do this Bruce...?" You asked; a little nervous.

"Once we can get the stones to successfully merge with the gauntlet, then we can think about it." He speaks. You look away and nod. You were in deep thought. "Okay..." you say, chewing your lip nervously.

"Any word from Tony yet?" You asked him. Bruce sadly shakes his head, in which you sigh in frustration.

As you say this, the compounds front door slams shut. You jump and look to Bruce, some of the Avengers forks lay on their plates.

You look to them and then back to the stairway at the incoming footsteps.

"Who is it?" Wanda asks in a small whisper. Natasha shakes her head in response.

As the footsteps grow louder, a familiar short man, with different shades of brown hair takes his hands out of his coat's pockets.

"Tony-" you say with a smile. He throws his hands up and makes a 'don't get too excited' face.

"Did you really think I'd let you all do this alone?" He asks, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Kind of." Natasha says from the table. Tony rolled his eyes and then restated what he meant.

"Did you really think I'd let you do this alone?" Tony says gently. Smiling softly at you. You smirk and slowly approach him, hugging his loosely.

"What are you doing here?" You question as Tony let's a small laugh out and releases you from the hug.

"You know me. I have to make a dramatic entrance." He says sarcastically.

"You know, I had some hope you'd show." You smile. Tony returns a small smile and then sighs, taking a look around the room at the others.

"So, what's the plan?" He asks the room. Everyone stays quiet and looks to you and Bruce. Who, in return share a glance.

"No plan?" Tony asks, with a scoff he walks past the both of you, grabbing a piece of left-over bacon and stuffing into his mouth.

"Well let's make one." Tony says shrugging his shoulders. "I'm good at making last minute plans." He smiles. You laugh under your breath at him.

"Okay. Everyone, its go time. Let's get everyone ready, Banner, get the gauntlet." You said now walking away from the crowd.

Everyone gathered in the lab now not saying a word, but you could feel the tension, everyone was nervous. You were nervous.

"Okay everyone. We have a major goal. Everyone stays alive. Stick together.
No one is left behind. Thanos can not get this gauntlet." You pointed to banner with the gauntlet, and everyone nodded.