Chapter 62: Vanaheim

The trip back was quiet. Natasha stared down at the orange rock in the palm of her hand. You looked over as you piloted the ship, dreading the way home.

Your eyes trailed from her tearful eyes then to the orange rock. You cleared your throat as you looked away, to your lap then up out of the ships front window.

"She saved our lives." Natasha whispered. You nodded. Avoiding her gaze.

"She envied life." You say back. A sigh following your statement.

You grew remorse for the woman. She only wanted what everyone was already granted.

Life.

A normal, carefree life. In which was stolen from her. For the greater good.

You could only imagine what she was thinking when she watched the both of you fight, for your lives.

It took about an hour and a half to make it back to earth. Natasha stumbles out of the back of the ship.

The stone gathered in the palm of her hand, she turns to you and she drops the stone in your hand. She sadly walks away.

You look down at the stone in your hand, it glowed brightly in the palm of your hand. You closed your palm, encasing the stone.

Determined to not lose the stupid rock.

As you both got out, many others gathered outside in a rush. Wanda and Clint embrace Natasha. Your eyes catch one in particular.

"Y/n-" his voice sounded sad.

Tired almost.

As you walk slowly to the tall, blonde man, you embrace him.

"Thor..." you whisper as his arms wrap around you. He closes his eyes and deeply sighs. As you pull away, you pull your hand to the middle of the both of you.

You open the palm of your hand, showing Thor the Soul Stone. His brows furrow and he meets your gaze. In which you look away.

Ashamed.

He rubs your shoulders, before embracing you once more.

"It was pointless." You whisper. Thor releases you. "I need to go to Vanaheim." You say as you pull away. His brows furrow and his eyes narrowed.

"Vanaheim?" He questions. You nod and he looks around as if he was trying to fit the pieces together.

He grabs ahold of your hand and guided you back to Lokis room. You look back to the rest of the team, as Thor dragged you away.

As he rushes in Lokis room, he goes to the pile of books stacked on his desk.

"Hey! Don't- Thor don't move those!" You shout at him. He doesn't listen and continues to shuffle through the books.

He pulls one out and smiles down at it. He flips open the book and lands on a single page, flipping it to read the back of the page. He points a finger on the page.

"There." He says, he hands you the book, keeping his finger on the page.

You grasp the hard leather backed book and begin to read aloud.

"Vanaheim, one of the largest of the nine realms." You whisper. Scanning your fingers over the rough pages.

You notice parts of the pages had been underlined, circled and marked. As your fingers ran over the markings, you read the few of them out loud.

One in particular made you smile.

"To the end of the nine realms." You whispered. A small smile fled to your lips.