Chapter 4: The Last of Asgard

Asgard was on fire. The smell of the burning Yggdrasil Tree which used to be so tall and large, now it's slumped and turning to ash.

The Bifrost had be torn to shreds. Broken in the middle. No way of escape and all I could smell was smoke. The screams of the people I loved were unbelievably terrifying. Yet I couldn't move. I couldn't save anyone...

Everyone was ushered out of the castle but did they know I was still in here? They had to have known, Frigga would have known right?

I watched as my room around me filled with smoke and my lungs were filled with an unpleasant smells. Unable to breathe.

My vision had become shrouded with the smoke that filled my view. Sweat had fallen just above my temples as the extreme heat had finally gotten to me.

That's all I could think about as I could feel myself slowly loosing consensus.
—————————————————

Wake up.

I heard an all too familiar voice say as I shot up, gasping for the breath I seemed to have been holding, sweating with tears in my eyes.

It's okay, it wasn't real. Try to go back to sleep, you need it for training tomorrow.

He sounded cold, angry, as if I had woken him up with my loud thoughts. How had he known that you were having a nightmare?

I'm sorry

I apologized for waking him up. All the while trying to not cry. I could still hear the screams of my friends, family and Asgard's people. Burning, sobbing, dying.

I tried to fall back asleep but my attempts had failed. I was so scared it wasn't a dream, it felt so real.

My head was spinning and I remembered that I wasn't the only one who could hear my thoughts. I then tried to concentrate on closing off my mind, just for tonight so at least he wasn't as exhausted as I would be. Which he'd seem to notice, but didn't mind.

I woke up almost late for my routinely training with Thor. Loki had also been there, sitting on the bench by the entrance of the training room, reading his book as he always had. I tried not to show my exhaustion to Thor. He quickly noticed and stared at me.

"Lady Y/N...you're tired, let's take a break, okay? We can start again in 30 minutes." He said out of breath trying to reassure me.

"No, no it's okay I'm good. Let's keep going." I said raising my sword again ready to start training once more.

"Come on, I can see it on your face," he nudged my arm, but I kept quiet.

"Lady Y/N whats wrong? You seem as though you've seen a ghost!" He tried to stay calm, seeing how exhausted I had become. My lips a pale pink, out of breath, trying not to think of what my dream had let me see.

"No, I'm fine, I just-" I didn't get to finish my sentence before I had passed out, once again. This time I could feel my arms swelling, it felt like they were...burning?

I had opened my eyes slowly letting my eyes adjust to the now dull sunset. All I could think about was how bad my arms had hurt. The burning sensation had worsened as I tried to sit myself up.

Frigga had then pulled me back towards the bed, yelling at someone, but I couldn't hear them.

My hearing seemed to be more dull by the second, and the searing pain had made an appearance once again. My eyes still adjusting to the light I noticed Frigga had been yelling at Odin, Thor, and Loki.