Chapter 13

TW: Mention of internalised homophobia

Finch was the epiphany of popularity in his school. He was the football, basketball and ice hockey captain. He could have any girl he wanted and the fact that most of them were simping hard for him just helped that fact.

Despite this fact, he was never interest in any of the girls. He thought he was broken for a while, he'd never had a crush on a girl. The fact that all of his friends and teammates were going out and getting girlfriends didn't help him feel any better.

When he started high school, he started learning about how people will start to experience romantic feeling and subsequently he started learning about different sexualities.

After a while of doubt, internalised homophobia and a whole lot of confusion, he finally came to the conclusion that he was gay.

He was too afraid to come out to his teammates because he feared they'd leave him and they were the only friends he'd ever known.

He took receiving his letter as both a great opportunity and a great loss. On one hand, he could meet new people and be open about his sexuality. But on the other hand, he would be leaving all he'd ever known. To say he was nervous would be an understatement.

~~~
220 words