Chapter 78

Jack arrived to his and Davey's dorm to see Davey sitting on Jack's bed with a book in his hands.

He knocked gently on the door to get his attention. "Hi," he whispered.

Davey looked up from his book before jumping up quickly. "Jack," he breathed.

He rushed over to Jack and pulled him into a hug.

Jack was taken aback by his reaction but hugged him back anyway.

"I'm so sorry," Davey whispered into his shoulder.

Jack could have laughed at the sense of deja vu, but decided that it probably wasn't the right situation for it.

"Why are you sorry? I'm the one who should be apologising," Jack said, bringing his hands to Davey's arms.

"I didn't notice what Snyder was doing to you and I could have done something to help you stop Pulitzer."

Jack could see tears in Davey's eyes.

He knew Davey hated not being able to help or just when things went wrong in general.

The situation in general was everything Davey didn't like in one big disaster wrapped present.

"You did all I could have needed you to do, just being there made everything so much better," Davey nodded into Jack's shoulder.

"I'm still sorry," Davey pointed out.

"Don't you dare be sorry or else I will be forced to kiss you every time you say it," Jack playfully threatened. "And I'm going to count the one before this."

Jack pecked Davey on the lips quickly which made Davey blush a furious red.

"Please do not make me blush, I've been awake since too early an hour to deal with it," Davey complained flopping down on his bed.

A look of concern crossed Jack's face as he sat down beside Davey.

"What time we're you up at?" he asked pulling Davey's head onto his lap.

"I don't know exactly," Davey started, not wanting to tell Jack what time he actually woke up at.

"Do you even have a rough idea?" Davey rolled over so he his face was smushed down in Jack's lap.

"About three or four," he mumbled.

"What?" Davey turned his head sideways and repeated his prior statement. "Did you at least get back asleep for any amount of time?"

Davey shook his head into Jack's lap and the worried look on Jack's face just grew.

"That was like twenty-one hours ago. You need to go asleep," Jack hated to admit it but when it came to Davey's wellbeing he could sometimes be a bit overprotective.

Davey could be the same with Jack though, as much as they both hated being looked after, they secretly loved it.

Jack lifted Davey up slightly so he could lie down with Davey.

Davey lay his head onto Jack's chest and curled up into his side.

Jack rubbed circles onto his back while Davey's attention was completely filled by Jack's fingers that he was playing with.

"I love you Dave," Jack whispered kissing Davey on his forehead.

Davey looked up at Jack, his attention having been brought away from Jack's hands to his eyes.

"I love you too Jacky," he whispered in reply.

Davey laid his head back down on Jack's chest and fell asleep practically immediately.

Jack fell asleep soon after with one hand intertwined with Davey's and the other in the process of brushing Davey's hair off of his forehead.

~~~
560 words