Chapter 30

Specs and Romeo sat at the desks in their dorm. They were publishing their first newspaper for journalism class and needed article ideas. They had spent their first few week learning how to properly write an article, cite sources and use objective language

Nobody really understood why they had to write a newspaper, it's not like there was any other people in the school to read it. But the principal was there teacher so they decided against arguing with him, Katherine especially because it was also
her dad who was their teacher.

"Have you got any good ideas?" Spaces asked looking at Romeo with his glasses half-fallen off of his face from having his head in his arms.

"I have the greatest ideas ever," Specs motioned for him to say them. "Firstly, how to flirt. Secondly, why Romeo and Juliet is the best of Shakespeare's works. Thirdly, how to get all the guys, gals and gender nonconforming folks. And finally, a quiz to see which Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle you are."

"Those are all terrible."

"That's rude. What have you got Mr.-I'm-so-smart-and-have-good-headline-ideas."

"Firstly, I've got how to deal with homesickness. Next, the best books to get you out of a reading slump/ into reading. Also, ways to come out to those around you. I'm not saying some of the boys need it but Davey and Jack are definitely falling off a cliff for each other. And lastly, some random quiz." Specs put a small tick beside each one as he went along, making sure not to miss any.

"I'm pretty sure some of the boys are as good as illiterate, they only read when they are forced to and would rather die than read for enjoyment." Both of them agreed on that.

After around a half hour later, they had come up with five article ideas between the two of them. They just hoped Mr. Pulitzer would like them just as much.

~~~
333 words