Chapter 36

Blink was sitting alone nervously on his bed waiting for Mush to arrive. He had left a note in his locker telling him to meet his there at 3:30 and it was now 3:35.

"Hey," he hadn't heard Mush come in over the thought in his head.

"Hey," he replied.

Mush walked over to him and sat down beside him. "Is everything okay?"

Blink nodded. "There's something I need to tell you though," he was twisting his finger because of his nerves.

Mush grabbed his hands and held them in his own. This made him blush a furious red.

"I like you, not as a friend," Mush feigned offence at this. "I like you as a friend, of course, but I also like you as more than just a friend. I like like you, a lot."

"I like like you too," Blink let a sigh of relief go. "Would you maybe like to try being boyfriends? If that's okay with you of course."

"I'd like to try that," the two boys smiled at each other.

They leaned in for a hug and stayed like that for a while. Eventually they laid down still hugging. They were both tired from being up the night before studying and fell asleep in each other's arms.

Jack was going around all of the rooms seeing of everyone was okay and if they wanted to have a game night. Most people had finished their homework and the parts that weren't done weren't due the next day.

When he knocked on Blink and Mush's room and didn't get a response he was worried. He knew he didn't need to be worried but he can be a bit of a mom friend at times.

He pushed open the door to find them cuddled together asleep on Blink's bed. He smiled and grabbed the duvet and threw it over them.

It might not be too cold but it was November so it was only 40 degrees Fahrenheit. (5 degrees Celsius for fellow normal country persons) They both seemed seemed to cuddle closer into each other at the added warmth.

Jack smiled and planned to draw the two of them later. He went to the last of the boys rooms and when he got to the common room he went over to sit beside Crutchie.

"Where's Blink and Mush? I thought you were getting everyone," Crutchie whispered to him.

Jack wasn't sure wether he should tell Crutchie or not. On one hand, he trusted Crutchie with his life. But on the other hand, he respected Blink and Mush's privacy.

"They were both asleep. They were up late last night studying and I'd reckon that with the whole school day as well they were wrecked. So I just left them to sleep," he explained.

Crutchie nodded. "Would it not make more sense to wake them up though? If they sleep now they're not going to sleep at all tonight," he pointed out.

"I'll go check up on them in a little bit but now we have a game of Uno to play and I am going to destroy you," Jack joked, throwing fake punches at him.

The boys laughed and went over to the rest of the group to play a very big and very chaotic game of Uno.

~~~
553 words