Chapter 26

TW: Bad parent, Albert's terrible singing.

"Albert, I need to ask you something important," Race shouted into the shower block. "And stop singing, you might think you are but you're not Aaron Tveit."

He heard the shower shut off and an annoyed Albert walk out with a scowl on his face.

"What was so important that you had to drag me out of the shower?" he grumbled, wrapping a towel in his hair. Race laughed at how he looked like a teenage girl.

"You know how there's visiting days for parents every second Sunday and some people don't have parents to come. But why do you think my dad never comes to visit me?"Race asked. "Do you think I've done something wrong and that's why he isn't coming to see me?"

A sad look crosses Albert's face and he goes over to Race to hug him. "You've done nothing wrong. If anything, he's the one who's done something wrong. He can't see how smart and funny and all around fabulous and person you are and if he can't see that, that's his fault not yours."

Race looked like he was on the verge of tears, this is because he was in fact on the verge of tears. Albert hugged him and Race started crying. Albert whispered in his ear trying to calm him down.

"Do you want me to go get someone?" Race nodded. "Who, Jack and JoJo?" Race nodded again. "Okay, I'm going going to bring you up to your room and then I'll go get them."

Albert brought Rave to his room and left to go find Jack and JoJo. Thankfully, they were both in their rooms relaxing. Jack was drawing and JoJo was reading Six of Crows on his bed.

~~~
296 words