Chapter 18

As everyone sat in the classroom for their first class, they all got a good look at everyone else in the boarding school.

They had been given the weekend to become acquitted with each other but some preferred to keep to them selves, not to name names but Davey, until he was dragged into social situations by Sarah much to his dismay.

He had gotten to know his roommate Jack well enough, but everyone seemed to get on with Jack and see him like an older brother. Except for Spot, he was just busy brooding all the time.

Some had a harder time settling in, wether it be because people actually liked them or because they were truly able to be themselves around the other boys and girls.

And so, as they say at their desks they awaited the arrival of the teacher. No one knew what they were like, all they knew was their surname was Larkin.

After a few minutes of waiting, chatting and general messing, the teacher finally walked in.

"Good morning class, I'm Ms. Larkin but you can just call me Ms. Medda and I'll be your teacher for a few subjects so you better get used to me," she exclaimed with a level of enthusiasm that had to be fake, or she just actually enjoyed her job.

Some of the boys passed glances, sick of having to bear the same speech for what felt like the thousandth time in their lives. Crutchie and Elmer grinned at her none the less, being the absolute rays of sunshine they are.

"Well," Ms. Medda started. "I'll do the roll and then we can get to know each other."

~~~
282 words