Chapter 46

"We need a plan," Crutchie stated dropping down onto his seat at the lunch table.

"Yeah, what's the deal with this school. We are the only students here and the place is massive, it could fit another 500 minimum easily. And why are some of the teachers so suspicious, except for Ms. Medda. We need to figure out what's going on," Race added.

"I was talking about getting Jack and  Davey together but we can come back to that later."

Crutchie pulled out a notebook to take notes in since all the Newsies, except for Jack and Davey, had gotten to the lunch table by now.

They claimed that Jack 'needed help on an S.P.H.E project'. The project also happened to not be due for another month. But the Newsies being the Javey/ Javid shippers they are let it slide.

Everyone started throwing around suggestions on how to get them together.

"What if we lock them in a closet together," Albert suggested.

"We could play truth or dare and when one of the picks dare, dare them to kiss. Then lock them in the closet as apart of the dare," Finch added onto Albert's point.

"That is an interesting option but I'll write it down," Crutchie said picking up a pen to write it down.

"We could do the truth and dare thing but instead of daring them to kiss we ask them if they have a crush on the other. Boom, then they'll obviously get together," Buttons declared.

"What if they lie? There's nothing more embarrassing or terrifying than admitting you have a crush and the feeling not being mutual," Blink pointed out.

"You can't lie on a truth, that's like the number one rule. It's a truth not a tell-the-truth-depending-on-the-circumstance," Mike joked.

"We should make that a new part of it. Truth,dare or tell-the-truth-depending-on-the-circumstance, sounds fun," Ike added on.

The boys all laughed and Crutchie jotted it down on the paper. He also added some columns, one for serious ideas and one for not so serious ideas.

"Okay so I have collected the ideas and made one grand plan. So what we're going to do is..." Crutchie explained to the group.

They all followed along with Crutchie's every word and some, namely Katherine, even went as far as to take notes.

"What if they plan one of their 'study sessions' again because someone else please tell me they can see right through the lie," Race said.

"You'd have to be either the most oblivious person to ever walk this earth or Jack and Davey or something to not see through their stories," Elmer pointed out.

The group all nodded and Race left the lunch table to go get the pair to put the start of the plan into action.

They all laughed a bit at how oblivious Jack and Davey were to the others crush and just to random things in general.

They knew that Jack knew that Davey had a crush on him but he was still a bit suspicious about it considering it was based on observations and Crutchie hadn't explicitly been told by Davey that he had a crush on him.

The rest of the group just hopes that their plan would fall perfectly into place the way they planned.

~~~
559 words