Chapter 40

TW: Mention of murder, blood and a bad historical reference.

Crutchie and Elmer were studying quotes for their English exam when Elemer left to go get a glass of water for himself. This just happened to be when a very annoyed and upset Jack came storming into the dorm.

"Hi Jack," he said. "Shouldn't you be studying with Davey right now?"

"Yeah, well, that's a funny story actually," he started.

"Don't tell me. You murdered him?" Jack shook his head. "You kissed him?" he sadly shook his head at that guess. "Okay, final guess, he's secretly a vampire and you opened the blinds and he started melting so he tried to drink your blood?"

The two boys burst out laughing and Elmer who was back from getting his drink of water was very confused.

"No, he was trying to study and I kept annoying him by asking stupid questions and I made him angry so I left to let him calm down a bit," Jack explained.

Crutchie nodded and signalled to Elmer to give them a seconds peace so he went to go study with Buttons and Finch for a while.

"Why don't you just apologise to him?" he suggested.

Jack put his head in his hands and sighed.

"I want to but what if I've ruined our friendship. He's my crush and what if he hates me now," Jack whined.

"Listen, he won't hate you. He has a crush on you and stop whining, it's not a good colour on you," Crutchie told him.

Jack was flabbergasted. He felt like he was the greatest human to ever walk the earth. Davey Jacobs liked him back and now he could do anything he so dreamed.

"Wait, he likes me too?"

"Yeah, it's blatantly obvious," he stated. "He hasn't told me but I'm not stupid and we all knew about it even before the start of October. You are just very oblivious to people's feelings towards you."

"I've got to go," Jack said quickly turning to run out the door.

"Go get your man."

Jack ran into the hall and quite literally ran into Davey.

"Jack I'm-" Davey started before Jack cut him off. Quite rudely in Davey's opinion.

"Listen I'm sorry. You were stressed and I pushed you past your point," he explained.

Both boys just stood there for a second before Davey tried to speak and Jack, yet again, cut him off.

"And if you try to apologise I will, without a shadow of a doubt, bring you to Crutchie and make him give you the talk."

Crutchie had a whole speech he gave anyone when they were being self-depreciative, over apologising for things that aren't their fault or if the just wanted a talk to boost their general self-confidence.

"Fine. I'm sorry," Jack shot him a look. "I'm sorry for being sorry when it, allegedly, wasn't my fault. Even though it partially was. So I'm sorry for that too."

"Crutchie, come here. Davey needs you to-"

"Crutchie it's fine. He's being over dramatic." Davey shouted to him. "To get you to be quiet I hereby recant my prior statement."

The two boys laughed at the posh English accent he attempted, key word: attempted, to put on.

"Ooh, look at you recanting stuff like Martin Luther," Jack joked.

"His whole this was refusing to recant his statements," Davey pointed out.

"Shush, I said a fact."

"Okay just try say a correct one next time."

Jack shushed him again  and the two boys headed back to their dorm to study. This time they were studying history, which Jack was clearly in desperate need of.

~~~
603 words