Chapter 89

The Spring Holidays came around quicker than the Newsies would have expected, some were happy to get the two weeks off of school.

Others weren't as happy, they knew they wouldn't be able to see their only friends as much.

But they still arrived no matter how much they tried to deny it.

The last day was nowhere near as eventful as the previous one and they were all thankful for that.

Race was glad that he was going home with Ms. Medda. It hadn't properly set in until then and he couldn't help the feeling of nervousness that came over him but that didn't save a massive grin from spreading itself across his face.

The Newsies were all sitting in the common room while they were waiting for their parents and the busses to arrive.

They were all sitting in pairs or trios talking about some of the most random subjects ever.

Race, Albert and JoJo were talking about how their breaking in to Pulitzer's office that they should be become full time criminals. They were joking, at least that's what everyone else hoped.

Mush and Blink were sitting on a chair together cuddling, trying to spend their last few minutes together before they'd have to go home.

Buttons was sitting on his own finishing the last few repairs he had to do and working on his latest project.

Spot and Elmer were planning meeting up over the holidays since they both live in Brooklyn and not too far from each other.

Jack and Crutchie were planning with Davey all the days he could come over and all the days Jack would go to his so Crutchie could have a 'simp free night'.

Specs, Romeo and Finch were playing Uno with Romeo lying across Specs' lap trying to peek at his cards.

Mike and Ike were standing behind Specs and Romeo telling Finch what cards they had after they had been kicked out of that round for what they deemed to be 'ludicrous accusations' of cheating.

They'd eventually given up on their game and opted for chatting instead. Instead of laying across Specs' he opted for sitting on his lap.

Katherine and Sarah were huddled together reading a book and giggling every now and again. This was a common occurrence and the Newsies had learned it was best to leave them be and not interrupt them at any cost.

"That was eventful term," Buttons said once he'd finished the final repair on Race's shirt.

"Don't even start," Romeo groaned from his place on Specs' lap.

The Newsies all laughed and Mush buried his head into Blink's neck.

"Why are you two being so clingy?" JoJo asked, looking at the pair. "You'll only be apart for two weeks."

"Mush has just been worried about some things and it's kind of all just caught up on him," Blink explained.

"If it's about your relationship, I doubt either of your parents will have a problem with it," Albert pointed out. "Mush, I know you'll be fine and Blink, you said your parents were pretty chill about everything."

The pair shrugged and Mush went back to trying to bury himself into his boyfriend.

They were about to go back to their small groups when they heard a knock on the door.

Ms. Medda stuck her head around the doorframe. "The parents and everyone are all outside," she said before turning to Race. "If you just come to my office after saying bye to everyone, you can take your time, then we can go home."

They all nodded and finished up their conversations and collected the last few bits before heading for the exit.

~~~
612 words