Chapter 63

The pair had decided against telling the rest of the Newsies about where Jack was exactly, just that they thought they knew where it was.

Davey was going to get his parents to sign him out for the weekend and he would go and try find Jack.

It had taken a lot of convincing but his parents eventually agreed. He was hoping he wouldn't have to tell them about the fact that they are dating but he eventually did.

Thankfully they supported him, but his dad did demand that when they first meet him officially that he has to give him the 'Dad talk'.

Crutchie had wanted to go with Davey to get Jack but since he didn't have a guardian to give permission he couldn't.

They had told the rest of the Newsies that he had an emergency dentists appointment but he would keep an eye out for Jack while he was there.

Crutchie had written down the address of their penthouse for him so he wouldn't spend hours wandering aimlessly.

Once the weekend finally rolled around the pair we're very nervous.

Davey's parents were coming to collect him at noon and bringing him back to their apartment first.

Then he would go out to the address Crutchie gave him to see if Jack was there.

If he was there he was going to talk to him and try to get him to come back.

If he wasn't there, he had a problem and only two days to fix it.

He just really hoped that it wasn't the latter and that Jack would be willing to come back to the school.

When he arrived at his parent's apartment he got anything he thought Jack may need.

He didn't know what he might be like so he brought food, water, bandages. The whole works.

At three o'clock on Saturday he set out to find Jack. He had expected for Jack to either be like he normally is or to be angry.

He didn't expect to find Jack asleep with his face shoved into a pillow with a small pool of blood beside his head.

"Jack. Jack, are you alright?" Davey asked as he got to the top of the ladder to get to Jack.

When Jack didn't respond he rushed over to him and started shaking him awake.

Jack took his time to wake up and was delirious when he finally woke up. He shot up when he saw Davey in front of him.

"Davey. What are- what are you doing here?" Jack went to get up from where he was lying but a pain shot through his head when he tried.

The pain in his head brought tears to his eyes and Davey pulled his head into his lap.

"Stay lying down. You're going to be okay," Davey reassured him.

Jack rolled onto his back and looked into Davey's eyes.

"Why did you come here?" He asked once the pain had somewhat subsided.

"I came for you, we're all worried and you just disappeared," he told him while stroking his hair, making sure to not touch the areas that had bumps on them.

"I know I shouldn't have but I didn't want anyone to know about my past and now everyone knows," Jack was starting to cry again which made Davey's heart break. "He had no right to do that. He made me sound like I did it for fun. I did what I had to do to survive."

Jack was full on sobbing at this point and Davey was doing everything he could to calm him down.

He found that rubbing circles on his back helped calm him down and made him tired.

After a while of Davey whispering words of comfort and rubbing his back, Jack fell asleep peacefully.

Davey kept rubbing his back while he thought of what he should do to help his boyfriend.

~~~
651 words