Chapter 28

Spot walked in to his and Race's dorm to find Race sobbing and Albert, Jack and JoJo trying, and failing, to comfort him. He immediately rushes over to the boys to see what was wrong with Race.

"Is he okay?" he had tried to whisper, but unfortunately whispering was, and still is, an uncommon concept to Spot Conlon.

The three boys shot him looks and he shot them a look back. Albert signalled for him to go outside, so he did and Albert followed shortly after.

"Race wrote to his father and told him some things and he asked why his father hasn't come to visit him and his father told him that it was his own fault. I suppose it all just became too much for him because he asked me about it and he started crying and we haven't been able to calm him down since," Albert explained to him.

"Would you like me to try help calm him down. I know I don't really know him but we've gotten to know each other a bit over the past few weeks," Spot pleaded with Albert.

He secretly had a crush on Race and wanted to try get closer to him. He thought that even though Race was probably straight, he would just settle to be friends with him.

Albert was reluctant because he didn't really know Spot. He had kept to himself most of the time with the rare exceptional when they were made do group or partner work in class. But he eventually did agree.

The went back inside and Spot headed over to Race and Albert motioned to Jack and JoJo to leave Spot alone with Race.

~~~
283 words