SANO MANJIRO X READER

Chapter XII

"I will protect you." You whispered, as your heart ached to say more and embrace him, "I will protect you whatever happens."

A small smile crept on his lips for a second making your eyes widened. Your heart is also beating loudly.

"I know it's you," He whispered back and looked at you with his penetrating and serious gaze, "You want to embrace me don't you?"

"M-Mikey."

He gives you a genuine short smile, "You can embrace me sooner, but now is not the time for that. I just want to confirm it's you."

"So you know? Ah, just when I thought I could hide my face behind this mask," You chuckle gently, "I'll meet you, then. Soon. I'll meet you as a person who you get to know."

Mikey give you a little smile but his eyes are as cold as ice before he turns around.

"That's enough." Mikey stated in a firm voice as Sanzu, Kakucho, and the Haitani twins stopped fighting, "Let's go."

With those words, their gang members who were beat up slowly stand up and weakly ride on their own motorcycles. They leave the four of you and you just stand there, smiling at Mikey's words.

"What did you tell him?" Baji asked.

You gently pat Baji's shoulders, "Nothing really important. Just my identity."

The three of them freeze and you just chuckle.

You sip a cup of coffee as you sigh. It's been a week since that happened and right now, you feel fine with the serenity. You are inside your favorite coffee shop and you are alone while staring at the blue and calm sky from the glass window.

Hiro-san is probably in his motorbike shop with Izana-kun. Emma-chan is probably managing the financial and other assets of the White Phoenixes. Baji-kun is probably looking out for Chifuyu or he's probably taking care of the other subordinate organizations under White Phoenix.

You finally consumed all your coffee as you went out of the coffee shop and breathed the fresh air from outside. It's a peaceful morning.

You are walking in the silent road as you are staring at the calm skies. They look unproblematic at all. You love them as they are. You close your eyes to feel the sensation of the calm air breeze but then—

"Why didn't you realize it, (Y/N)? I'm doing it all for you! That man must die. Don't make it any harder for me, do you understand? Stop pushing yourself worthlessly and be obedient." The man with a blurry face stated as he pulled his gun out.

You are panting and chasing your breath as you look at him. Your body feels painful and you feel like you'll pass out anytime soon. That man is just too strong for you, although you can completely compete with him if you wanted to.