SANO MANJIRO X READER

Chapter XXXV

"I will never let anyone hurt you again."

Manjiro is just standing straight beside you with calmness and composure. He remained silent after saying those words, but you can feel your heart's loudness. You have never fought alongside him, never. That is why you're really questioning why he's doing this.

"Manjiro..." You whispered, "You don't have to do this, your life will be at risk."

He gives you a quick calm but confident look, and your heart starts panicking again for no specific reason. It is reacting to every movement of Mikey, what a snitch disrespectful heart.

"It doesn't mean you have to risk yours as well." He answered as his jaw moved sexily.

"You shouldn't be here—"

"I'll take my reward later." He whispered.

"What?"

He didn't answer you. The men surrounding the two of you start rushing towards your direction. You took a deep breath and readied yourself as the fight started.

You are too preoccupied with fighting the man in front of you that you don't know what's happening to Mikey right now, still, you know he can handle himself greatly. You dodge the knife aiming in your direction and disarm the man who's using it before throwing the knife away.

You focuses more on disarming your enemy to avoid unnecessary wounds. You block and dodge, and block a swinging knife in your direction again. You rapidly kick the man's knee, and use the back of the knife that he's holding to hit him unconscious. Since you are wearing brass knuckles, it is easier for you to make people unconscious through your punches.

From your peripheral vision, you saw unconscious bodies in Manjiro's feet. He's indeed strong and good at fighting and you're really proud of him. You caught him glance at you shortly as he roundhouse kicked one of his enemies.

Your eyes suddenly stared at him, and you stopped. The way his body flexes, the way his hair gently flows with the air, the way he licks his lip, the way his dangerous eyes look at his prey, everything about him is just fascinating. It's deep. Too deep that you can't fully comprehend the complexity of his mind. But you know Manjiro more than people know him, you know...like you... he wants to be saved as well.

"Shhh, pussycat, don't you dare move a finger." Someone from behind whispered and that's when you got back to your senses.

The man is behind you and he is aiming the knife on your throat. You can feel the cold metal touches your skin, and thus you exhaled cautiously. You know he's not joking and he's willing to slit your throat right now. Your eyes didn't panic but your heart did, not because your life was in danger but because Manjiro saw you in that state.

Those who are fighting him lately are all unconscious. He's the only one standing and he's dangerously looking at you and the man behind you. You see a glimpse of how his jaw tightened dangerously.