SANO MANJIRO X READER

Chapter XLVII

YEAR 2017

The entire house explodes and everyone within the perimeter of the damaged area is getting thrown out forcefully, some got badly injured and most died. The sound of explosion is too deafening and you can feel your entire body freeze with the impact and sudden loud vibration.

Since you are the only person far from the explosion area, you aren't hurt at all. Manjiro doesn't have any neighbors which lessens the collateral damages. Because of the exhaustion and impact, your knees weakened and you let out an exasperated chuckle in misery but those chuckles stopped when you stared at the visible hole on your shirt.

Kisaki shot me earlier—

"Haaah," You sighed and realized that you were not injured or anything despite getting shot, "D-damn, you save me."

Mumbling those words, you get the thick notebook under your shirt and because it's too thick and the covers are hardbound, the bullet stays on it instead of piercing your skin. Still, the impact is painful and you feel like it'll cause a bruise later on.

You sighed heavily and stared at the fire swallowing the entire house filled of your memories with Manjiro. The kitchen where you often cook breakfast for him, the bathroom where you bathe with him, the living room where you sip coffee with him, and the bedroom where you fuc— ok, stop it. Tears fell down your eyes when you realized how the place where you fell for him is slowly turning into ashes. You are staring at the place where you love him slowly eaten by flames.

It is also the place where you promised to wait for him.

You promised to wait for him and you have the intention to do it. It's just two weeks for Pete's sake. You want to cook something for dinner as you wait for Manjiro to arrive, and when he does, you want to kiss him deeply because you miss him so much. You want to run your fingers on his soft hair and wrap your legs around his waist as he slams himself into you hard. You want him and you love him. But maybe, maybe in your world with Manjiro, promises are always meant to be broken.

I shouldn't have promised at all.

"That's all that had happened." You mumble as you sip a hot tea while gripping the blanket around your shoulders tightly.

You are in Detective Lunge's house right now and you told him about all the stuff that happened in Manjiro's house. Your face is a bit dirty and you look messed up. Your hands are cold and the only thing that keeps them warm is the cup of coffee that you are holding. Detective Lunge also looks like a mess, but in a more cleaner version of you. He's massaging his forehead since you literally knocked on his door at 3:00 am in the morning and he's still on his pajamas as well. Detective Lunge is married to his work, that is why he doesn't have a family except for his German shepherd dog. He look at you with a sleepy eyes after you told him the entire story.

"I know someone from that organization would start aiming for your life especially right now when Sano Manjiro is away." He replied and sat on the sofa just in front of you.