SANO MANJIRO X READER

Chapter XX

"I'll tell you a random story, I hope you wouldn't mind," You stated calmly as you didn't put your gaze away from your stares at the grave, "I read a book once. It is about a person who can time leap, you know, just a usual and random science fiction. That person was killed in the future, so she time leap to the past in order to change the future. In the past, she needed to save someone who she didn't even remember in the first place but she knew that person was precious to her."

"She knows what will happen to that someone but she doesn't know what will happen to her so she doesn't associate herself too much with that person in order to protect that person's future at all cost, knowing how that person's future will darken because of some circumstances. Based on that book, the person who time leaps seems strong in a lot of aspects but she cries immediately when she's hurt. A total crybaby despite her age, figuratively. She's not afraid to cry, especially if the person precious to her is in trouble."

"She loves that person a lot. She might not remember him, but her heart says otherwise. That person did everything for the person she loves even though she knows she will never be with him in the mere future, because she will never exist in his future. However, it doesn't bother her. She's fine with the idea of existing in his past and protecting what he held dear, in that way... he won't be lonely in the future."

"You are a time leaper, aren't you, (Y/N)?" Mikey asked with his emotionless expression piercing right through you. He's not kidding at all and there's a total certainty in his voice.

You remained calm upon hearing it. You are aware that Mikey knows something about time leaping since Takemitchi told him already that he's a time leaper. You are also aware that it is inevitable for Mikey to know about you being a time leaper. It's just that... It is still too early for him to know it.

What do I expect? He's Sano Manjiro. He's unpredictable and that's what makes him fascinating.

"Believe what you must believe, Manjiro." You replied calmly.

"The reason why your wounds heal fast and the reason why you seemed connected with the persons important to me. You are like Takemitchy, aren't you, (Y/N)?" He asked in a really dangerous tone. It's like he's trying to calm his anger down.

"Manjiro." You mumbled.

His eyes are empty and deep. It is completely filled with coldness. Emptiness. "You're planning to keep it a secret from the start?"

"Manjiro..." You repeated. You can feel it. You can feel your heart beating fast with the atmosphere that Mikey is producing.

It seems like the dangerous monster inside him is starting to awaken. He's extremely angry and you know it. Mikey's eyes may be cold and empty, but you know he's completely messed up.

"You're planning to keep on fooling me, (Y/N)?" He whispered as he took a step closer towards you.