SANO MANJIRO X READER

Chapter LVII

YEAR 2008

When you open your eyes, you are laying on Mikey's bed. The sun has already risen and you are alone on his bed. You feel a lot better right now than what you were last night. You don't know why you suddenly have that intense emotional outburst but you feel bad knowing how you almost died last night and you even bothered Manjiro into all that burdens.

Your clothes also change into a shirt and shorts. It is probably his clothes. He probably changed your clothes last night since you are all wet after jumping off the river. Right now, the idea of Mikey seeing your nakedness doesn't bother you at all. What bothers you is the fact that he has to see you in that vulnerable state.

You stand up and arrange his bed before walking towards the living room. Manjiro's shirt hangs on your body and it's comfortable. You see him in the kitchen, cooking something— though you know he can't really cook.

With apologetic breaths, you started talking from his back, "Good morning, Manjiro, and I'm sorry about what happened last night."

He didn't flinch as if he senses that you are just a few meters behind him. The aroma of a pancake fills the air. It smells delicious.

"How are you feeling right now?" He asked calmly while flipping the pancakes.

You don't want to lie as you answered, "I feel a lot better than last night. I really apologize you have to see me in that state."

"You have nothing to apologize for, (Y/N)." He looked at you with a gentle and calm eyes in assurance, "You should eat."

You silently sit down as he puts a platter of shapeless pancakes in front of you. You love Manjiro so much but you will be honest with how the pancakes looks murdered and mutilated. Still, you sincerely appreciate his effort.

"Thank you for this... and for saving me last night." You mumbled.

Manjiro remained silent. His eyes are looking at you intently and you can't read what he is thinking at all.

"(Y/N)." Mikey called your name and you looked up to him innocently while munching the pancakes that he cooked, "Don't ever do it again."

Since your mouth is full and your cheeks look chubby with the pancakes inside, you look at Mikey like a puppy. You can't reply to what he said right now but you know he's referring to what you did last night.

"Don't ever end your existence." He whispered, there's a meaning in those words.

You didn't reply.

You gulp the food and look at Mikey gently. You want to tell it to him, too, because there are some scenario in his future timeline where he literally committed suicide. You want to tell him to not end his existence as well. On the other hand, your heart feels warm with what he said.