SANO MANJIRO X READER

Chapter XXIX

Instead of being excited to see Mikey, your heart is beating anxiously. You don't know the things that will happen around you, but you know the things that will happen to Mikey. You can feel your head getting heavier as minutes passed by. At the moment, you are wearing a large black hoodie with black 3/4 shirt and pants underneath. You are also wearing a black mask as you are standing and waiting for Mikey's arrival. It's still early and you really went early in order to observe the place. You sigh and calm yourself.

Detective Lunge, how did I even end up here? Are all of this related to the mission you've given me in my recent life? Is all of this really related to Manjiro?

You stare at the dark sky with impassive eyes. You may look calm externally but you are a bit restless internally. You know that after an hour, rain will pour out of this dark sky.

Suddenly, a man approaches you. He's wearing a dark hoodie and it's not Manjiro. Instead, the man looks familiar. He has long rosy pink hair and slightly-droopy blue eyes with long eyelashes. Like you, he's also wearing a mask. His eyes are filled with murderous intent as he approaches you. You remained calm upon seeing Haruchiyo Sanzu walk closer towards you.

He didn't say anything. He just stands beside you as if he's waiting for you to say something. You remained silent and cautious. Again, you don't know what exactly will happen to you here but you know currently, Sanzu created something to make Mikey unable to attend in this place.

How did he know we'll meet here? It is probably through his dirty little tactics.

"You are from White Phoenixes, aren't you? Hmm, the leader?" He stopped talking and looked at you with disappointed eyes, "No. You're a girl, you can't possibly be the leader. So you're like a useless alternative to protect your leader, aren't you?"

You put both of your hands in your pocket as you look at the ground with cold eyes, "You're not Manjiro. Where is he?"

"You have the guts to call our leader in his name. He's dealing with an important matter right now. He sent me instead. I want to talk to your leader but seeing you here, my annoyance is beyond comprehension." He stated, "I'm wasting my time here. Call your leader."

No. Something's off. Mikey isn't the type of a person to just bend his words. Sanzu probably creates a situation where Mikey won't have a choice but to deal with it right now in order for Sanzu to meet the leader, you, personally. This cunning human being.

"Our leader won't be able to attend due to personal reasons," You replied, partially lying.

Since White Phoenixes has two leaders, Shinichiro and you, he won't be able to attend because he needs to work on something important related to the internal matters of Black Crows.

"Oh? Too bad. Then I have no reason to stay here." Sanzu stated and turned around but before he could walk away, you spoke.

"Do you have any words that are needed to deliver to the White Phoenixes?"