SANO MANJIRO X READER

Chapter LXVII

{Last seven freaking chapters, hoomans.}

YEAR 2017

"Who are you?"

"The man you love and the person who will end your existence."

You feel your bristles go up in fright. You've been in a mission for the entire fucking day yet you never felt this kind of sickening feeling inside your gut. The atmosphere inside the empty factory with only the two of you is suffocating. It is spacious and silent. You exhaled heavily and threw your gun away since it'll be useless against him.

He's close yet too far.

"Manjiro, surrender yourself. Let's... end this." You stated as your fist clenched while staring into his eyes. He calmly smiles but that kind of sinister smile triggers a death alarm inside you.

"End this?" He tilted his head dangerously, "Why would you want to end this?"

Your jaw clenches, "You've been suffering, Manjiro. We've been suffering— and it's exhausting. Surrender, and walk in a different path from what you've used to walk before. You can still atone for all of these, Manjiro, you can still find salvation for—"

"Who said I want salvation?" He cuts you off and looks at you with a blank gaze, "Who said I want to atone for my sins?"

"I do— it's in your eyes, and you can."

"Don't make me laugh." He mumbled in a dangerous tone of voice, "I don't."

You freeze when his dark eyes dead as darkness stares at you before he continuously walks closer to you. You clench your fist tight as you take a step backwards, but his pace fastens and your heart seems to leap in anxiety when he's finally standing in front of you. You can't move. You can't breath normally. You feel your hands trembling while with his closeness.

He holds your chin dangerously with his index finger as he makes you stare straight into his eyes. He's not smiling. His expression is filled with hidden murderous intent and you can feel it.

"Back off, Manjiro." You muttered firmly. You love him so much but his presence suffocates you. You've never realized how he suffocates you until you left him and you breath.

"I thought you loved me?" He whispered as his hand slowly grasped your jaw, it was gentle yet agonizing. He can break your jaw anytime he wants.

You breathe deeply as you slap his hands away from you. His eyes widened slightly with what you did but you took another step backwards from him before giving him a pretentious glare (deep inside, you miss him, but this isn't him).

"Don't touch me." You spit in a calm yet dominating manner, "Stop manipulating me like what you always do."

A dangerous wolfish smirk crosses in his lips, "Manipulating you? You're the one who keeps on begging me to be with you, (Y/N). I'm giving you what you want. Now, you're frustrating me."