FINAL CHAPTER

FINAL CHAPTER

{Epilogue up next.}

YEAR 2018 (CURRENT TIMELINE)

"Sensei! Michael says he doesn't want to continue his training for today!" One of his students shouted and Manjiro immediately walked towards where his students were. He blink at them calmly as his eyebrows raise.

"Hmmm? What's wrong, Michael? I thought you want to win a gold medal in taekwondo someday? How are you able to improve if you're not going to practice?" Manjiro asked calmly and the kid named Michael gave him a bored look.

"I'm already good enough! I know that when I grow up, I will be just like you, uncle!" Michael, the six year old kid mumbled childishly.

He looks just like the mini version of Draken but his eyes resemble Emma's eyes. Mikey smiles as he sees his nephew mumbling those words. The other kids are whining about wanting to eat some snacks and of course, Mikey has already prepared a lot of dorayaki for his students.

"You will be better than me if you train with the other kids, young man. You'll also grow taller like Ken-chin. Don't you want that?"

The kid stops sulking but a small pout appears on his lips, "I know I'm going to be tall someday. I'm even taller than all the kids here and I'm just six!"

Mikey sigh patiently before nodding and smiling playfully, "Oh? If you won't stretch your limbs and legs in our training now, the other kids will outgrow you. That seems acceptable, yeah?"

Michael's eyes widened as he immediately stood up before stretching his small arms, "I will train, uncle coach! Train us now!"

The other kids who seem motivated by Michael's enthusiasm start standing up as well and stretching. Mikey gave them an approving look as he lined the kids up to start their training.

He's 28 years old now and a smile would often crept on his lips as he remembered his younger days. He remembers how they would often ride a motorcycle all around Tokyo, and fight different gangs. It was an era of delinquents at that time and everything feels nostalgic. Though, he stopped being involved in any gang after the fight between the different gangs in the country ten years ago. It's a massive brawl and after that night, he just changes without even knowing what pushed him to change in the first place.

He dropped his studies and underwent a lot of therapy courtesy of his brother, Shinichiro. There are times when Manjiro would feel odd things about himself and that's also the reason why he dropped and stayed in a psychiatric ward for a year. He wants to know what's wrong with him and he wants to be better. His time in the ward is hard as he gets to understand himself more. He gets to understand things about his inner self that he didn't know before.

His emotional support group is also the best. Shinichiro, Emma, Draken, Izana, Baji, Takemitchi, and the entire toman, everyone is supporting him to be the best version of himself. Of course, self discovery isn't always that easy. Since he learned how to be more open with his emotions, uncountable breakdowns are inevitable. There are sessions almost everyday and he's been taking medicines as well. A year inside the psychiatric wards is both a fight and an improvement for his well-being. After a year inside the ward, he continued taking his medicines and continued his therapy while being a part of the Japanese Taekwondo Team in different martial art tournaments. Manjiro discovers how fun it is to be in different tournaments until he becomes one of the representatives of Japan in National Taekwondo Tournaments.