SANO MANJIRO X READER

Chapter LXVIII

{Last six freaking chapters, hoomans.}

YEAR 2008

"You're making things hard when it should be the other way around, (Y/N)." Hanma stated as he kicked you again. The both of you are panting in exhaustion but no one stops. No one wants to give up, "Did you know how long I've been trying to clean the mess you've caused, little mouse?"

You dodge his uppercut and spin to dodge his roundhouse kick as well. You've been fighting with Hanma for too long and your stamina is decreasing. Still, you can manage. You can get through it no matter what. Hanma is extremely strong but upon having your memories fighting Manjiro in your future, you get more motivated to beat the shit out of this guy.

No one can reach Manjiro's level in combat, now, you're just proud of the man you love no matter how fucking toxic he is in your pre-timeleap timeline.

"Oh? Your nose is bleeding even when I haven't landed a punch on it yet." Hanma pointed out and you wiped it immediately. Having nosebleeds in the middle of the fight because of your memories can quite be a pain in the ass.

Now, come to think of it. Is Manjiro really the one who killed you? Then that would be fucking obvious. But something's odd. What's happening in this timeline and what's happening in your pre-timeleap life is not aligning. You know you want to cut ties with Manjiro before your death and before time leaping here, so why would your mission in this timeline be to save him? If you've known those memories the moment you time leap here, you would've done anything to avoid Manjiro because he's not really good for your mental health.

But no. Your heart is extremely longing and in love with him. You want to do everything to save him and protect him. It is not the emotions you would feel if he's the one who killed you. Then...

Did Manjiro really kill you?

Is he really the one who shot your heart?

Because even after all the shits you've been through from your future, and all the roller coaster emotions you experienced, you still trust Manjiro with all your heart.

You know... no matter how insane his dark impulsivity is, or how insane he is as a person for threatening to kill you multiple times in your pre-timeleap life...

You know he's not capable of killing you.

You have a huge trust in him that he's not the person who killed you.

You don't know why or how, but you're sure of it, and if... only if... he really did kill you, then you'll still love him nonetheless.

"Are you aware how I can read your thoughts, (Y/N)?" Hanma snapped while rolling his eyes in annoyance, "Stop thinking like a lovesick puppy and fight me!"

You look at Hanma in boredom because he annoys you, too. He's a reaper, sure, but he's not contributing anything in your life, much more to all the unanswered questions inside you. He's just there to collect the souls of dead people and nothing more. He's not even the reason why you timeleap here or anything. Hanma is simply a number on all of these equations.