SANO MANJIRO X READER

Chapter LXX

{Last four freaking chapters, hoomans.}

YEAR 2008

"You've been pulled into darkness and you will never be able to escape it as long as you're alive. I'll give you a chance to start all over again— I'm giving you a chance to never experience such darkness and if you want to fully escape that darkness, never associate yourself with him again. Rest and rewrite your future, (Y/N). This will be your last time. Stay away from Sano Manjiro at all costs."

If staying away from Manjiro is my purpose then why am I given an order to save him when I get in this timeline!?

One more, that voice... it's vague in your memory but you know who it is. You can't pinpoint it clearly. You feel sudden shivers run down your spine as you look around you, trying to figure out something. While you are lost in your thoughts, a bunch of men from Leepon Fang start attacking you. You remain composed as you fight them back but your mind is still preoccupied with a lot of thoughts.

The funny thing about seeing the conclusion without seeing the process itself is the fact that it always leaves you clueless.

Setting those aside, the entire battle continues. Shinichiro is barely standing, Izana and Kakucho is doing fine beating a lot of asses together (Kakucho still didn't know that it was Izana who's fighting side by side with him), Baji and Draken easily beats hundreds, Mitsuya and Hakkai beats the Haitani brothers, and everyone is doing their best. It is almost over. It's almost there.

That's when you hear gunshots again.

Your eyes narrow as you see the remaining annoying Leepon Fang holding guns and pointing them at their enemies. The previous gunshot is aimed at the sky, but it's still dangerous. You look around to check if there's anyone wounded by the gunshot, thankfully there are none... yet.

"Oi!" You blink when you see how Draken and Baji run towards you. Izana and Kakucho also get nearer to you, "Are you alright?" It was Baji's voice and you nodded.

A sudden vision flashes in your mind where Takemitchi is now talking to Manjiro. You blink those away as you let them talk for now.

"I am. Do you have any injuries?" You asked them and they just shook their heads smugly. Kakucho's eyes widened a little.

"You are the leader!" He pointed out and Izana calmly pats his shoulder, but that doesn't seem to bother Kakucho at all.

"Yeah, shut up." Izana whispered to Kakucho calmly but softly, "As you expected, they have their guns with them. Should we continue to the next phrase?"

You pressed your lips together and looked around. There are a lot of Leepon Fang members approaching you. Some have guns, some don't. You answered, "We should. Hiro-san will be here any moment soon, too."

"The second plan is boring!" Baji whines, "Whatever. At least I get to beat some asses up. Are you still there, Draken?"