SANO MANJIRO X READER

Chapter XLVIII

YEAR 2017

You wake up with semi-swollen eyes.

At around 7:00 am in the morning, you eat breakfast with Detective Lunge as the two of you discuss the next move that must be done. He also sent a copy of the analysis to the Bureau of Information as additional evidence to put the Bonten Organization's activities into a halt. Because of all the information that you provided, there are movements being organized for a country-wide raid. The information you've given is a great stepping stone to stop and destroy every syndicate in the country.

As an intelligence asset, you've done your job well.

But as someone who loves Manjiro, you feel like shit after doing those.

"Listen, (Y/N)." Detective Lunge stated in an authoritative manner while holding a folder of confidential files in his hand, "I know it's hard for you to put Sano Manjiro in his proper place. Again, you have accomplished your job. If it's too heavy for you, you can just rest for now and let us manage everything through the help of the information that you've provided."

You give him a calm gaze, "I want to at least see him for the last time."

"Will it be alright for you to handcuff him yourself?" He asked in a serious manner and you froze.

If it's on bed, of course. You can handcuff Manjiro in bed and you like it so much. But handcuffing him for the purpose of putting him into jail, that is a hard thing to do. You can't even face him right now after what you've done.

"I've already sent a team to the place of the explosion. We'll get the place under surveillance since there is a huge probability that Manjiro would go back there if he finds out what happened. I will be there later. Will you come with me, (Y/N)?"

It's a hard question but you just give him a short nod, "I will, Detective Lunge."

His face softened, "You look so in love with that criminal."

"I guess I am." You answered, not hiding that fact. You know Detective Lunge understands your feelings since it is actually his plan to get you closer to Manjiro. There's no point of lying to him about your feelings at all.

"I'm sorry I have to put you through the mission of making him fall in love with you." He stated in a small hint of regret with an apologetic tone.

Detective Lunge is like your dad who just finds out that his daughter is in love with the most brutal delinquent in the country but remains understanding.

"It's fine, Sir. It's my fault because I'm the one who fell for him when I know I shouldn't." You muttered.

"In that case, did he treat you well? Have you been abused or something? I've always known how your mission is too risky, especially for you. If he did anything unwanted, you can use those as additional charges to him. If he created a trauma to make you sympathize with him—"