SANO MANJIRO X READER

Chapter XV

"Tell me what should I do, (Y/N)." He whispered, still staring down at you.

"W-what should you d-do?" You stuttered, extremely distracted by his charms and position.

He leaned closer, making your eyes widened, and as he's an inch away from you, he stopped. His eyes dropped on your lips.

"The darkness inside me wants to lean down and kiss you roughly. Now, what should I do?"

"Manjiro." You whispered as you stared at his emotionless eyes. Your hand reaches for his cheek as you softly touch it, giving your utmost care to him.

Mikey clenches his jaw as he closes his eyes before letting your shoulders go. He gets away from you and straightens up before looking at you with a cold expression.

"Forget what I said."

He turns around and starts walking towards his motorcycle. You blink and take a deep breath.

What did just happened? Why didn't he kiss me? I mean, not that I'm complaining but why—

You run towards Mikey and pat his shoulders to get his attention. He stopped walking but he didn't look at your direction as if he's waiting for you to say something.

"I guess I'll part way from here. You have to go home, Mikey, I can manage myself." You stated and hug yourself as the cold midnight breeze touches you.

"Where do you live?" He asked coldly.

You remain calm as you think of possible alibis to avert the question. You can't tell him where you live since there's a possibility that he'll meet Shinichiro, Baji, Izana, and Emma.

"In my house," You replied mindlessly as you blink in stupidity, "In my home— maybe, in a shelter, you name it." You fake a chuckle as you give him a smile.

"If that's the card you want to play, go on." Mikey stated in a serious but calm voice as he took a step further from you, leaving you behind.

"Bye!" You exclaimed and maintained your calm manner, "Thank you for saving me, see you."

Mikey didn't reply. He just went onto his motorcycle, started the engine, and drove away from you, leaving you behind. Well, it is what you wanted in the first place. You check your wrist watch and see that the time is still 2:45 am.

Man, I guess I'll walk alone in the cold darkness. Just what I must do.

You look at your shirt and hug yourself tight as you start walking in silence. The moon is beautiful and the road is dark. You see the lights of different buildings from afar and sigh as you continue walking. You know what will happen to everyone except you, that's why you must be careful with the little steps that you are taking. What happened earlier and your unintentional encounter with Mikey is not a part of your plan, that's why you realize that you should really be mindful.