SANO MANJIRO X READER

Chapter XXIII

You open your eyes while still feeling a bit dizzy from everything as you sigh. Your hands are no longer tied. You are now laying on a soft bed. Some parts of your body feel numb for no reason but fortunately, you feel much better. You blink repeatedly as your sight adjusts to where you are. You didn't panic much as you saw the plain white walls, the plain white bed, and the man in a brown couch sitting while looking at--- wait what?

You immediately sit down and look at the man sitting on the couch while looking directly at you. He is looking at you coldly without a hint of emotion and it's enough to freeze on your place.

"Hi." You started and waved your hands in his direction, "You haven't killed me yet?" You added with humor and curiosity.

The man's expression didn't change. He's just looking at you without any expression on his face but you can see his eyes filled with darkness and pain and miseries. This man is just too miserable that it suffocates you seeing him like this.

He didn't answer.

"I know you will kill me eventually but before that, I guess I need to introduce myself. I'm (Y/N), and I'm here to do something important. Whether you kill me or not, my goal will never change. Nice to meet you, Mr. Sano Manjiro." You smiled.

"I have no time for games." The man stated and it makes you blink in confusion.

"What?"

Manjiro looks at you without a hinch of emotion, "Tell me everything you know. Why do you want to talk to me?"

His voice is cold, so cold that you felt the emptiness on it. It is certainly cold but it is also soothing. His voice is calm and it's like it is embracing you warmly without any emotions involved.

This man, he's something.

"I promise I'll tell you what you want to know if you let me talk to you longer, Manjiro." You started and took a deep breath, "I have something really important to tell you."

He didn't answer as he calmly looked at you. His gazes are silent but dangerous, enough to make you feel odd for some reason.

"Don't be shocked with what you're about to hear, alright? I have my word. A promise is a promise. I swear my life is yours if you let me say these two words that I must tell you."

"Get to the point." He stated calmly and it's amazing how he doesn't seem impatient despite the fact that you are literally wasting your time telling random stuff out of nowhere.

"Well," You avert your gaze, take a deep breath, and look on his eyes again with seriousness, "Be mine."

His eyes remained emotionless and cold.