EPILOGUE

EPILOGUE

YEAR 2125

The universe is a wide place with a lot of hidden wonders. One of the best factors about it is the flow of time itself. The ever-enigmatic time. It never stops and one can never bring it back even a second to where it used to before. No one can truly unravel the mysteries of time that exist beyond the grasps of physics. It is really fascinating that—

"(Y/N)!" Someone from behind you calls and you blink innocently as you grasp your slightly heavy backpack tightly.

From afar, you see a long blonde haired girl running closer to you. She's waving her hands to make you stop from walking. Her eyes are excited and because of how fast she's running, she almost trips multiple times. She's also carrying tons of books in her arms. When she's finally in front of you, she breathes heavily. You can't blame her though. She basically runs almost the entire school ground just to chase after you.

"Yes, Emma? Did you left your wallet in my bag again this time?" You asked and Emma chuckles while wiping her sweat.

She's your best friend and her name is Emma Michelle, but she loves it when you call her Emma since she said she has the same name as her great grandmother, Emma.

"No!" She chuckled tiredly, "Actually, I have found a great classical book in the school library! You know, it's quite famous but you haven't read the entire thing yet since you always read classics like 'The way of the fist: Manual on how to knock the shit out of people in an elegant way,' like seriously?" She straightened and breathed repeatedly, "Oh, that book resembles the book inside our house. It is the book that's been taken care of by my ancestors, I don't exactly know why."

You blink innocently. Your bag is quite heavy right now since you just borrowed books in the library about martial arts earlier. In the current age of technological devices, you prefer reading hard copies of books since it's all better. You also love classical books published around the year 2000's. You just feel that the stated year is sentimental for some unknown reason.

"What's wrong with reading tactical books?" You asked calmly, remembering how 75% of your bag contains tactical books, "They're... uh, tactical?" you added cluelessly and Emma laughed.

"Nothing, but sometimes, you should try checking other genres— oh, actually, I chased after you to give you these! Those are the one's I found in the library earlier, I know you would love them."

Emma handed you three books and you accepted them without any hesitation. The book at the top is entitled, "Kick that ass: Fighting techniques for noobs," and you blink awkwardly. Emma is smiling wide like she's waiting to hear your heartfelt gratitude.

You give her an excited smile, "Thank you for this, Emma!"

She proudly nods, "No problem. Actually, I added another book with a quite different genre there. It's the famous classic that I've been talking about earlier. I've seen the same book in my grandpa's house once. There are rumors that said how the book started from piles of letters. My mom once joked that her grandfather named Mirey... Micey? Something like that name, wrote that book, but that's impossible, hahaha. I don't know though. But did you know the best thing about the book?" She smirks.