SANO MANJIRO X READER

Chapter XIII

I didn't see it coming, damn it.

You purred like a kitten as you buried your face on a soft pillow. The pillow smells really nice and it's even softer than the pillows in your house. You yawned and hugged it tighter since it smelled really heavenly. It feels like you are hugging Mikey since the pillow smells like him.

Come to think of it, is this my reward after getting beat up intensely— wait, fuck?

Your eyes shot open as you see yourself inside a not so familiar room. You are laying on the bed and your clothes are different from what you were wearing yesterday. You sit down as you calmly think about the situation but you can't think of anything regarding how you ended up in such a place.

Those men that beat you into pulp yesterday, you want to see them again and return the favor in the most brutal way possible— well, maybe no. After all, you don't do revenge. Those bastards drugged and tied you making you unable to fight at all.

How long has it been and where am I?

The door opened revealing a man who was wearing a black plain sweater and pants. Your eyes met and your heartbeats immediately became abnormal. He looks at you and walks towards the side of the bed where you are currently sitting down.

"Your wounds heal fast." Mikey stated, "What do you feel?"

You look at your body and no signs of bruises and wounds are visible on it. It makes you a little bit confused but after experiencing death, time-leaping, resurrecting, and seeing the future, this is a normal phenomena in your life.

"I feel a lot better now," You replied and your eyes slightly widened when you realized that it is Mikey who brought you to this place.

You are clean and well clothed because of him. You are no longer inside that dark, stinky room because of him. Your heart is beating fast because of him.

It is all Mikey's fault... that you are feeling better now.

"How am I able to arrive here, Mikey? It's because of you, isn't it? How did you know and why would you waste your time and energy on me?" You asked and Mikey just looked at you with his usual cold expression.

"Because you entertain me." He answered shortly.

"I...what?" You look at him and then to your surroundings, "Well, one more thing... Did you change my clothes l-last night?"

"Yes and I didn't do anything more than that." He replied.

Oh god.

"I see," You smile genuinely, "Thank you, Mikey. You saved me. This is messed up because I'm actually the one who swore to protect you." You stated and sigh.