SANO MANJIRO X READER

Chapter XLVI

YEAR 2017

"You'll be leaving for weeks? Where are you going, Manjiro?"

It's been weeks since you spent time with him in the amusement park, and since then, he'll bring you to different places if there are times when he's not busy. You remembered that time when he brought you to an art museum and the two of you tried painting something in return. You painted a chibi version of him while he painted a stick woman version of you. You ended up laughing uncontrollably with his drawing, thankfully he just gave you a gentle stare. The day after that, you just realized how you cannot walk anymore because of soreness.

"I have an important business meeting to deal with internationally. I'll be gone for two weeks. I have to leave you temporarily."

Wow. He sounds so concerned. Is he?

You are curious if he fully trusts you to leave you all alone in this house for the amount of time. Manjiro knows well that you can escape and just vanish into thin air if he were to let loose of you, but you are wondering why is he doing such a thing? Did he fully trust you to leave you like this? One more thing, your mission's been taking so long. It's been almost a year with him. You've always been with him and you wanted it with all your heart but everything needs to come to an end.

"Take care of where you are heading. You'll take care of yourself, promise me that, Manjiro." You mumbled in a worried tone as you sat on the couch of his living room.

You trust his skills in fighting and you know he's good at everything. Still, you can't help but to get worried for him. His job includes danger, and he's dangerous as well. If the fire arising around him were to increase, there's a hundred percent chance that the beast around Manjiro will devour him whole. You don't want that to happen. For you, at this very moment, Manjiro is someone really important to you and you can't bear seeing him get hurt.

This is also not a sign of Stockholm syndrome. You love him wholeheartedly in your free will and it isn't your psychological defense mechanism with how you are held by him.

His calm gaze went towards you as he kneels in front of you, between your knees. You stared down at him as you gently caressed his hair. Manjiro held your jaw as he leaned closer to kiss you softly but with firmness.

"Will you be alright?" He asked, voice calm and deliberate.

You nodded and closed your eyes as you felt his lips against yours again.

"I'll be fine. I'll wait for you here, I promise that." You whisper as his breath brushes against yours, you love it.

Manjiro hummed in his deep voice and stared into your eyes, "Promise me that I'll see you here when I get back."

You smile sincerely and stare into his eyes, "I promised."

Little did you know, the following two weeks will be filled with misery.