SANO MANJIRO X READER

Chapter XXIV

You are thinking intellectually while doing a really important task that has something to do with a life and death situation. Your heart is beating in a slightly nervous manner, which is odd, as you get a knife silently.

Alright, (Y/N), focus.

"Beat egg in a bowl, add sugar and I have to mix it well and uh, add honey and mirin to the bowl and mix well, too. I should also add baking soda in ½ tsp water, add to the batter and mix. Add sifted flour to the batter and quickly mix until lump free. Cover the bowl with cling wrap and rest it in the fridge for 30 minutes." You stated and blink as you turn around and see the dangerous face of Sano Manjiro who is with you in the kitchen and watching the procedures on how to cook dorayaki.

He stayed silent but he's certainly observing you. One wrong move and you'll die.

You give him a small smile, "After doing those primary procedures for the pancake batter, we need to of course, cook it."

You started to heat the hot plate to 180°/365°F, add some oil, and wipe it off. You calmly drop the batter into the pan and make a circle with 3⅛" in diameter. You cook the pancake and after it, you assemble it on a plate, spread half of the tsubu-an over, and place another pancake right side up on the bean paste to make a sandwich. After that, you wrap the dorayaki with cling wrap to secure the shape and gently press the round edge of the pancakes together to close the gap.

After all of those, you exhaled heavily. You're never really good at cooking but you train yourself to cook a dorayaki, as to what Detective Lunge recommended, for the sake of the mission. You get the knife and cut some dorayaki in half, and you are proud to say that the dorayaki that you cook looks really delicious.

"Phew, it's done," You sighed, "Now, you can taste them. You know I didn't put any poison on the dorayaki since that would tint my extreme love for you, Manjiro, that's why you should enjoy this food."

You are trying to keep on saying the L word in order to train yourself further for this mission. Not that you love him, but you must also convince yourself that you actually love him in order for this mission to work.

Speaking of the mission, Manjiro ordered you to be put in a different place, probably one of his houses and locked you there. He would come if he needed to eat some homemade dorayaki and he would always fill the fridge with ingredients.

Manjiro has a cute side for dorayaki underneath his cold and dangerous facade.

He didn't say anything as he sat on the chair and got his plate of dorayaki silently. You look at you in a calm but dangerous manner, but then, he calmly gets the food and takes a bite of it. He chews his food in a dangerous manner before he finally gulps it.

Every second makes you feel a terrifying aura. It's like a certain darkness is ready to come out if the dorayaki didn't taste good.

"It tastes like dorayaki." He pointed out 'cutely' but in an extremely murderous and dangerous tone.