SANO MANJIRO X READER

Chapter XXVIII

Kakucho is wearing a black crow uniform and you are wearing the same except for the fact that you're also wearing a face mask to hide your face.

"How are you going to drink your coffee if you're wearing that?" He asked, referring to your mask and you just coldly look into his eyes, penetrating the possible thoughts inside his mind.

"I'm not here for small talks, young man. Now, tell me what you have to tell me."

"Young man? You're pretty much younger than me." Kakucho sighed. You realized that you are still in your young body but you know your mind is older but you remained silent. Kakucho continues, "I'm not here for chaos. I'm actually here to deliver something for your leader, whoever it is. But upon hearing the plan, it seems as if the message that I'm about to deliver will be unnecessary."

"Continue." You replied, listening to his words intently.

"Tsk, you're bossy." He complained and pulled out an envelope, "I'm sorry I swung my knife earlier. I thought it was someone dangerous. The thing is, the Bonten's leader, Sano Manjiro, sent an invitation to your leader for a private meeting. I don't know what's with the sudden invitation but here's the envelope for that matter. Promise me you'll give it to your leader."

"I promise." You replied and accepted the envelope, "How did you find the White Phoenix's hideout?"

Kakucho scratches his nape, "I've been investigating it alone for some time now. No one really knows where your hideout is in our gang except me and the leader. That's the reason why he asked me to deliver it."

"It's your first time here," You pointed out. You've always been disguising as a black crow ever since to check for any unwanted gools, but it is your first time seeing Kakucho here, "What exactly are you planning? It's not just to deliver this letter, it is more than that, isn't it?"

He clenched his jaw, "I told you that I've been investigating the White Phoenixes myself. Like you, I want to have stability within the gangs in this country. It's been quite an ordeal and it's been hard conducting dirty work, thus I want to work for the better. I'm not here as your enemy, instead, I want to help for the stability that you are working for. It is also for Mikey's sake. If the chaos and darkness covering every gang's shadows continuously grows, our leader will be pulled out into the darkness. He is, without a doubt, being stuck in that darkness already. I don't want it to happen at all."

"You're saying you want to help us?" You asked in an interrogating tone that you used to make in your intel mission, "What comes up with this? Why are you doing it for Mikey?"

"I don't want him to end up like Izana." Kakucho whispered, "You might now know him but he's a great guy. However he's been pulled into darkness and ended up..." He stopped and sighed heavily, "...I don't want Mikey to experience the same. I'm doing it for him."

You relax your shoulders and lean on the chair where you are sitting, "Very well. I will deliver it to the leader of White Phoenix. I know it will be hard but can you keep the words you hear from earlier a secret as well? If not, it's fine. But if you can, it is better. Can you?"