SANO MANJIRO X READER

Chapter LXIX

{Last five freaking chapters, hoomans.}

YEAR 2017

"I told you I hate seeing your tears, didn't I? You can smile, (Y/N)." He whispers, "You're finally free from me."

Tears streamed down your cheeks, and when you looked at Detective Lunge's direction, his eyes widened with guilt. He signs you that he'll be calling an ambulance. He stopped the other unit as they let you hold Manjiro in your arms. For a moment, you ignored them entirely as your glance fell down on the bleeding man on your arms.

"D-don't say anything, hang on. T-they're calling an-"

Manjiro just smiles calmly. You want to use any clothes to at least stop further bleeding but there's multiple gunshots on his chest and you don't know which wound you would cover first. So instead, your hand touches his cheeks and he weakly holds your hands as he feels its warmth.

"Do you remember... that time when you said dorayaki as your l-last word?" He whispered weakly and you nod with your lips trembling, "I-I don't think it'll be an appropriate last w-word in my case."

If it's a different situation, you would have chuckled with what he stated, "Don't speak, Manjiro, c-conserve your strength."

"I... I've always hated myself for causing you p-pain." He muttered. His voice is hoarse like he can't barely manage to speak at all, "I... haven't even told you how m-much you mean to me... your smile... y-your voice... your e-eyes..." He coughs blood weakly and it makes you even more desperate. Your hands are trembling hard as a pool of blood gushes out of him.

"Manjiro, please..." You cried desperately, "P-please... not like this... don't die on me."

"Y-you made me...t-taste glimpse of l-light yet I p-pulled you to darkness...in return." He breathed hard and tears fell down his eyes. It makes you frozen to see him cry explicitly. His lips are trembling slightly, "I'm s-sorry for everything... I've...d-done."

His breath tightened as he coughed blood again. You held his hands tight as you leaned closer and held him warmly in your embrace. You don't care if your white trench cloth has now turned red, you're giving Manjiro your warmth because... he's turning cold.

"If you're really sorry then hold on a little longer," Your voice breaks as you gasp for air, "P-please."

His eyes softened, "I can no longer breathe, s-sweetheart."

Everything feels silent as you look down on him. His body starts convulsing a little as his grip on your hand touching his cheeks tightened as well. Manjiro's jaw tightened but he softly kisses your hand as he tried to breathe more.

"I hate you... damn it, I hate you..." You whimpered in pain, "... hold on, Manjiro. Don't leave me like this. Y-you haven't paid for what you've done yet. I want to hate and love you longer. Y-you can't do this to me. You can break me, but n-not like this... don't die like this-"