SANO MANJIRO X READER

Chapter XXI

"Congratulations on your promotion, (Y/N). You did a great job and your intel reports become a huge stepping stone for the 13th unit in their fight against a syndicate operation.'' Detective Lunge, a senior detective from the National Metropolitan Police Agency, stated as he shook your hands.

You humbly bow your head, "I'm doing what I must do, Sir."

You are currently at a dinner party with the other police assets and detectives. Everyone is talking with their colleagues. It is already midnight and you badly want to go to your apartment to take some rest. It's been forever since the last time you slept normally.

"In any way, do you have some moment to talk about something important, (Y/N)? I know this isn't the right time for it, but you need to know something and I need you to help me with it." Detective Lunge stated in a serious voice. His eyes are filled with authority, "One more thing, I hate social gatherings."

"I would gladly accept that invitation, Sir. Lead the way." You replied.

Detective Lunge starts walking away from the gathering area and since you are still in the office building where you are currently working as an Intelligent Asset, the both of you start walking towards Lunge's office.

You followed him and as the both of you entered inside his office, he opened the light and your attention was caught by the red spider thread on his whiteboard. It is filled with different pictures, information, and reports about a certain syndicate.

Detective Lunge took a deep breath as he stared at the spider web, "Have you heard about this really huge crime syndicate in our country that has been exploiting and producing high quality drugs all internationally? They are also a malicious syndicate that operates illegal firearms, prostitution, illegal gambling and casinos, as well as they are practicing murder, frauds, libel, robbery, and extreme heinous crimes."

"The Bonten Organization." You muttered in a calm voice as your eyes followed the red thread, leading you towards the person in the middle of the spider thread.

"Yes, the Bonten Organization. I am aware that you already know the person in the middle. He's the leader and the head of such a syndicate, Sano Manjiro." Detective Lunge stated, "Although information about his whereabouts or his connections is hard to obtain due to the extreme secrecy of their syndicate."

"It is a high profile case, Sir. How can I help you with such?" You asked but you know already what Detective Lunge wants from you.

"I have investigated Bonten for years, (Y/N), but I don't have anyone I can trust enough with all the information in my hand. I can't give it to the high authorities for I know that Bonten can easily manipulate someone, and I don't trust them with the knowledge that I obtained. To make it short, I want you to investigate and gather intel reports and evidence about this syndicate. It is your mission and your assignment, (Y/N). You have to penetrate inside the syndicate. Get Sano Manjiro alive, and we'll bring this organization down."

You took a deep breath, "I understand. But what exactly shall I do, Sir? I have to get inside the organization. Should I sacrifice myself for this mission?"