SANO MANJIRO X READER

Chapter XLII

YEAR 2017

It is around 1:00 pm when you and Manjiro arrive at the amusement park. There are crowds everywhere and the optimistic atmosphere all around the place is influential. You are silently looking around while observing the place and Manjiro is calmly walking beside you, too.

"Among all the places of your organizational transaction meetings, why do you choose this place?" You asked beside him while you two were walking, "It will be more advantageous to you if you were to do the transaction in a more dim and gloomy place. You know, less hassle, less witnesses and such."

"It's boring." Manjiro replied calmly, "What you often see in the movie and all those serious atmospheres, they are boring."

"So you easily get bored. Hmmm, do you like amusement parks when you're a kid or a teenager?" You asked out of nowhere. You don't know anything about his childhood life so you're a bit curious with how he ended up being a leader of Japan's most notorious crime syndicate, "I hope I'm not intruding on your private life but, how's your childhood?"

He didn't look bothered at all. He just gave you a quick glance before he continued walking, "Good, probably."

"Probably? Have you ever been in an amusement park as a kid?" You asked with genuine curiosity again.

He patiently exhaled, "I was once." His eyes look a little gloomy and there are sad meanings behind those, "I was with my friends. Ken-chin, Pah, Baji, Mitsuya, and Kazutora."

You stayed silent for a second. You didn't know those persons but it seems like Manjiro values those people so much. The way his voice is gentle while saying their names, maybe they are indeed his friends.

Where are they now?

Instead of asking those, you ask the thing you're more curious about, "What happened when the six of you arrived here? I bet you created a mess in the amusement park."

You caught a small smile on his lips. He continually walks and since you're too focused on Manjiro's fascinating features, you didn't notice that he stopped in front of a hotdog shop. You blink and let him ordered some food. Right now, you don't know why instead of going directly to the place of transaction, Manjiro is treating you some hotdogs like this some kind of a date.

"Do you prefer the thick or the longer one?" Manjiro asked innocently and stared into your eyes, "Which hotdog would satisfy your craving?"

You blink and say, "Your hotdog," with a damn straight un-embarrassed face.

He smirked, "Yeah, you will get to taste it later." He chuckled and looked at the old vendor man whose eyes widened with what he was hearing, "Two orders of hotdogs, two orders of corn dogs, 4 orders of chips and fries, with two coke."

Your eyes widened, both with how much he's ordering and with the sudden realization of what you just stated earlier, "W-What's with too much food, Manjiro?"