SANO MANJIRO X READER

Chapter XIV

He stilled for a moment but then he calmed down and stayed silent.

He drove for half an hour until you reached your destination. It is a riverbank, different from what you know. It is also a bit far from the city that's why the place is incredibly silent. From that place, you can see the lights of the city at midnight and you can visualize the calming water from the river.

"How often do you come to this place?" You asked Mikey as you went down from the motorcycle. He parked it and looked at you, "It's beautiful." You added.

"Always." Mikey replied shortly before walking towards the banks near the river.

You followed him and sat beside him. The moonlight from the moon reflects on the river and it is really mesmerizing. You sit there in silence, you love silence, as you stare at the calm water.

"There's a place like this near the school, isn't it? Although, this place is more relaxing and silent. It's quite far from the city, too." You start calmly as you get a small stone and play with it in your hand before throwing it on the river.

"You're right. There's a place exactly like this somewhere." Mikey replied, "In that place, I promised to establish the best delinquent gang in the whole country. Ironic, isn't it?"

You inhale gently, feeling the calm breeze on your skin, "How does it turn out, then?"

He gives you a quick glance, "You already know the answer."

You give him a calm nod. You know that Mikey's intentions are pure when he once stated that he'll create the best delinquent gang. However, things have changed a lot.

"What about Bonten?" You started, "You still have that gang. What about the Tokyo Manji Gang? You can still do it. You can still build the best group of delinquents." You muttered in a gentle manner, in that way, it wouldn't sound rude at all.

"I disbanded Toman," Mikey replied, "And established Bonten. Isn't that great for everyone?"

It is, Mikey, it is great for everyone's future except you. You did it to protect Toman, didn't you? Why are you sacrificing yourself for everyone's happiness? You can be happy, too.

"Is it really great for everyone?" You asked silently, "You don't really want it, don't you?"

"What are you talking about?" Mikey asked coldly.

"Toman's disbandment," You muttered, "It is for their own good, isn't it? You are protecting them with all your might, isn't it?"

"What else did you know?" He whispered and stared at the dark but dazzling river.

"I know that you are doing it all to protect your friends, Mikey, that's so like you. You are silently sacrificing yourself for everyone." You replied, breathing silently.

"That moment when I killed those men last night, my mind went blank. All I can think of is to kill them and see their blood spilled on the ground. I want to hear their screams."

You stayed silent as you listened to his words. You feel a dangerous atmosphere.

"And then, something overtook me. I finally killed them. The darkness inside keeps on growing as seconds passed by. I carried you with my hands filled with the blood of those men. Now, (Y/N), tell me," He looks at you with emotionless eyes, "Aren't I doing all of these for myself?"

You didn't flinch and falter. You just stare back in his eyes with your usual calm gaze. You are not scared of Mikey, you told him that you'll accept his darkness.

"But you still saved me, didn't you?" A soft smile crept on your lips, "You would have killed me too that moment your darkness overwhelms your soul— but you didn't."

You stare at his eyes deeply.

"You, even if you won't admit it, are also battling with the darkness inside you, am I right? You've been battling with it ever since. You've been fighting all alone all this time, Mikey, was it tiring and suffocating?" You whispered, still looking into his eyes.

He stares in your eyes with a cold expression, "Can you take all of my darkness, (Y/N)? I will show you all of them, can you take them?"

Your heart starts beating fast.

That is one of the reasons why I time leap, Mikey, to protect you and save you from darkness.

Your palm softly reaches Mikey's cheeks as you caress it with gentleness. He didn't move as he let you touch him. His eyes never left you, too.

"Let me embrace your darkness until you find the light, Manjiro." You whispered.

"Despair will take over your existence, (Y/N)." He warned.

I am non-existent, Mikey. I am dead in the future, and I will never exist anymore.

"Let's experience despair together, wouldn't that be fun?" You gently chuckle as you straighten up and look at the river, "I ruined your night, Mikey. You should have been resting at this moment."

Your eyes widen when Mikey holds both of your shoulders as he pushes you to lay down on the bermuda grassed banks. He was pinning you, and your mouth parted when you looked at him.

The moonlight replicates his features. Your heart is running wild with what Mikey is doing. Your back is still pressed on the ground and Mikey is looking down on you with his hands on your shoulder.

"Tell me what I should do, (Y/N)." He whispered, still staring down at you.

"W-what should you d-do?" You stuttered, extremely distracted by his charms and position.

He leaned closer, making your eyes widened, with your heart wanting to explode, and as he's an inch away from you, he stopped. His eyes gaze dropped on your lips and you find it really difficult to breath because of your pounding heart.

"The darkness inside me wants to lean down and kiss you roughly. Now, what should I do?"

>>>