SANO MANJIRO X READER

Chapter LI

YEAR 2008

"...Sano Manjiro escaped from prison and I'm worried about your safety."

Your eyes shoot open and the first thing that you see is Mikey's eyes staring at you with calmness and glint of worry. He's holding a tissue paper in his hands and it seems like your nose is bleeding again.

"I-I..." You stuttered, unable to say anything.

Your memories were unfinished but the feelings that you experienced upon those memories are fresh in your heart and in your mind. Until now, you can feel your hands trembling.

But trembling for what? Is it because of fear? Fear of whom? Manjiro? Are you really scared of him? You're not scared of him, and you are sure of that because you love him, but...

Unlike your 26 year old self, you are fully aware that Mikey has a dark impulsivity though you only caught a few glimpses of it in the past. But your future self knows nothing about those dark impulses, and you don't know what else happened to you later after those memories. It is still vague inside your head.

"You're afraid." Mikey whispered as he helped you sit down. You are breathing hard and you are trembling a little. Your hands are cold while you are wiping your nosebleeds with tissue papers.

"I guess." You answered.

"What's wrong?"

You look at Mikey and you see the calmness in his eyes. He knows nothing about this at all. He shouldn't be pulled into this kind of mess. If he were to know that you are a little afraid of what his future self is capable of, it might cause him internal chaos and you don't want it.

"I have some nightmares." You muttered and looked at your hands, "...But I'll be fine."

Mikey remained calm as he replied, "What did you remember, (Y/N)?"

You freeze. Of course he knows you remembered something because of the damn nosebleeds. You can't fool him any longer and you don't want to lie anymore.

"Manjiro..."

"What are you afraid of?" He asked once again, his voice calm and deliberate.

In an almost inaudible voice, you whispered, "I'm afraid of what you're capable of."

He stilled as he realizes that you are talking about the darkness of his future self.

"Are you scared of me, (Y/N)?" He asked.

You immediately shook your head and give him a gentle smile, "No, I'm not. Despite these little fears of uncertainty, my trust is bigger than all my fears, and I trust you that you won't do anything that can harm me, Manjiro."