SANO MANJIRO X READER

Chapter XXXIV

2017

"You don't know how you're driving me crazy, (Y/N)."

Your eyes shoot open as you chase for breath. You are now laying on the bed and you whimper in body pain when your muscles start aching. It is from the fight that happened last night. You sighed and looked at the wall clock beside your bed. It's already 11:00 am.

It is Manjiro's house, certainly. With a heavy body, you slowly sit down and your eyes get fixated on the side table beside your bed. There are painkiller medicines on it with a glass of water. There is also a plate with a sandwich and pancake on the table. You reach for the medicine and take it with the water. You sigh heavily as you lean on the headboard and close your eyes for a moment.

What happened?

The sunray from the window touches your skin and you groan a little as you try to move towards your room's bathroom. Despite your body aching heavily, you walk towards the bathroom to look at yourself. You smiled bitterly as you saw some bruises on your body and some bandaids on some small cuts. Manjiro seems to mend your wounds while you are asleep which is quite impossible since he didn't care about you at all.

You sigh and take a bath, brush your teeth, before wearing a white oversized shirt and pajamas. You tie your hair into a messy bun as you whispered an 'ow' when your body aches again in pain.

After doing all of those, you eat the breakfast that someone prepared for you and go downstairs to see if Manjiro is there or not. Most of the time, you're all alone in his house since he's busy with his organization work but your feet freeze when you see him sitting on the sofa with a calm look on his face like he's waiting for you to come down.

He's wearing a black v-neck shirt underneath his black leather jacket. He looks fresh and good, like he always does—not that you mind. He caught your gaze and he gently looked at you before he spoke.

"Have you eaten already?" Those are his first words and you just nodded before you walked towards the sofa in the living room, near him.

"Thank you for preparing them." You mumbled and your jaw clenched when you remembered how he was kissing someone last night, you immediately pushed that thought away.

"Why did you have to fight with someone last night?" He suddenly asked, and that caught you off guard.

Manjiro doesn't like opening a topic himself. Most of the time, you are the one who opens the topic and starts the conversation but him acting this way right now doesn't bother you much. What bothers you is the fact that you don't know how you would answer his question.

"I feel bored..." You answered and thought of a possible reason,"...And realized I want to exercise by beating someone into a pulp."

It actually means, 'I saw you kissing someone else last night and I'm damn frustrated, that's why I decided to just beat someone and get myself beaten up as well to forget about you and the girl sitting on your lap.'