SANO MANJIRO X READER

Chapter LXIII

YEAR 2017

"I've been trying to trace my subordinate's location ever since she was taken by the Bonten Organization, and now, you want me to just stop because it's been a month and we haven't found any information about her yet? She's our asset and my subordinate. She's the one who helped me in this investigation. I won't give up searching for her. She needs our help, we need to rescue her." Detective Lunge stated as they are in a circular table inside the meeting room.

In the same place, other detectives with the executives are talking about the next step. Detective Lunge's been using resources for the past months to search for you. Despite your disappearance, he believes that somewhere out there you're still alive.

"We know, of course. But according to the intel reports that we gathered recently, she's been seen being with the ex-convict Manjiro. There is no evidence to support such a claim but if it is accurate, then there is an enormous possibility that she'll betray us."

"What?" Detective Lunge's calm demeanor vanishes for a second as disbelief plastered on his face, "What do you mean betray us? She's the reason why the previous mission succeeded."

"Indeed, but we don't know just how much brainwashing she's been through within the organization. We haven't even confirmed if she's still alive right now. Detective Lunge, we need you to advance in the Bonten investigations further. You can let go of handling your subordinate's disappearance case for now and focus on the current—"

Detective Lunge can't take the nauseating words anymore as he slams his hand dominantly on the desk. He's furious. He's angry that the people here want to just ignore the safety of a human being.

"I'm working on that advancement but I won't give up on finding (Y/N)'s whereabouts. She needs us. Her life is in danger as long as she's with the Bonten Organization." He stated and stood up before leaving the meeting area.

His head is aching after days of insufficient sleep. He's been trying to track you down. He really cares for you as his subordinate and he's partly blaming himself for what happened. If only he didn't assign you the mission of making the crime syndicate leader Sano Manjiro fall for you, you wouldn't get your life risked like that.

That entire day, he uses his time finding information about you. He can't leave you in danger after all you've done for him. Detective Lunge knows he shouldn't be sentimental but you're like a daughter to him, he can't let you stay in a dangerous place where you're risking your life.

While tapping continuously on his laptop, a certain anonymous message pops on it and he clicks it silently. His eyes stare down at the message as a tip from an anonymous person becomes visible.

***** Warehouse.

Attached herewith are the other information.

When he scrolled down the message, he saw small and barely clear images of you inside a warehouse. His eyes widened as he immediately checked the accuracy of the information given.