SANO MANJIRO X READER

Chapter XXVI

"Do you know why coconuts are called coconuts when they don't even look like nuts?" You asked in curiosity and Manjiro gave you a sharp deadly look. You blink innocently, "You don't, don't you? Prft. Same."

The two of you are walking together in an amusement park. It's already night time and the lights are all beautiful. No, certainly it's not a date, Manjiro still wants to kill you so bad. At the moment, you accompany him for an important deal. You don't know why Manjiro just dragged you here knowing that you're literally his enemy, but it is a good time to conduct your mission in making him fall for you. But damn, this man is stone hearted. You've been talking to him non-stop to at least squeeze out some information but he won't bulge. He's serious and he doesn't want you at all.

"You're quite talkative." He stated calmly as you walked beside him and you smiled teasingly.

"Why wouldn't I? The love of my life taking me for a date. I should be grateful." You reply and unknowingly stare at him while walking.

He's wearing a dark coat and his mid-length hair is neatly slicked back, making him look really... good and neat. Maybe...handsome, ok, handsome— extremely handsome. Too fascinating and too poisonous for you.

"We're not here for that. If you don't shut up, I'll kill you." He stated harshly but instead of backing out in fear, your teasing smile just widened.

"Oh, I'm scared." You pretend a freaking out cringe-y voice as you chuckle and look at Manjiro with a calm eyes, "I don't mind dying but I know you'll miss me so bad if I die."

He didn't tilt his head to look at you but his eyes went to the corner to catch you with his gaze, "You wouldn't shut up, would you?"

"Make me." You smirked, getting to his nerves as much as possible. You want to know how long his patience lasts and you want to understand how Manjiro deals when he doesn't do that at all.

But when he roughly grabs your wrist and drags you towards one of the dark corners of the place, you know you did a really wrong move. There is no one in that corner and Manjiro harshly pushes you towards the wall, making you clench your jaw to avoid whimpering in shock. Then, without you noticing, he raises his hand and grasps your jaw hard. Not too hard in a painful way, but hard in an absolutely threatening way.

He leaned closer, enough to make you freeze a little with his closeness. He stares deeply into your eyes as he tilts your mouth closer to him. He stopped leaning forward when his lip is just an inch away from you. His eyes are impassive, yours is calmly looking back at him. The both of you are in an unexplainable tension at the moment.