SANO MANJIRO X READER

SPECIAL CHAPTER

[Baji and Chifuyu]

"You should've abandoned me, Chifuyu." Baji muttered as the two of them were sitting in a waiting shed with some peyoung yakisoba on their hand. It is raining hard, that's why they stayed under the shed.

"Baji-san." Chifuyu stated and looked at Baji with a gentle gaze, "You know I can't do it."

Silence overwhelms the place as the both of them are staring at the droplets of water from the rain. Baji smiled as he didn't look at Chifuyu.

"You've become really tough and I know you are. You did a lot of things, too." Baji stated as he handed Chifuyu the yakisoba.

"I heard that you've been watching me all this time, Baji-san. In all those days when I fought with different gangs, were you secretly wishing to fight alongside me?" Chifuyu asked and slurped the yakisoba before handing it to Baji.

"Yeah. I also heard from (Y/N) that there's a future where you will die because of your loyalty to me. Why would you go that far for me, Chifuyu?" Baji eats a portion of yakisoba and hands it to Chifuyu.

"Because you're my friend, Baji-san." Chifuyu smiled gently and it made Baji's heart warm upon seeing his smile.

You've been a really great friend, Chifuyu. You keep on believing in me despite the fact that I keep on pushing you away to avoid causing further troubles. I am thankful that I'm able to meet an annoyingly stubborn but incredibly kind man like you.

"I see," Baji whispered, "Chifuyu, I'm sorry."

A tear built on Chifuyu's eyes as he slurped the yakisoba. Those words pierces his heart and he can feel the genuineness of every word that comes out of Baji's mouth.

"Baji-san, you did well, too. Thank you." Chifuyu replied calmly, easing Baji's heart.

"You..." Baji stated gently but then his eyes dropped on the Yakisoba that Chifuyu had already eaten. Baji blinks in shock, "Oi! Why would you eat all of it already!?"

"Oh." Chifuyu replied while looking at the non-existent food.

"Don't 'oh' me!" Baji gritted his teeth but then he laughed and pat Chifuyu's shoulders, "Whatever. Do you want to buy another one?"

This time, the tears building in Chifuyu's eyes finally fall. He misses talking to Baji a lot. No words can explain how great he feels after knowing that Baji is alive and well.

Chifuyu stood up and lent his hand to Baji, "Sure, let's have an another yakisoba, Baji-san!"

[Emma and Draken]

There's an awkward silence in the room as the both of them sit in front of each other with some pork dumplings on the table. They are also averting each other's gaze.