SANO MANJIRO X READER

Chapter LXXI

{Final chapter will be posted tomorrow, then epilogue up next.}

"Detective Lunge."

When those words flow out of your mouth, the scenery changes like smoke, and little by little everything changes. Your surrounding changes in a smooth transition. Now, you are standing inside a warehouse and you can see yourself with Manjiro getting out of a certain room. It's a part of your memory.

From your angle, you see a glint of smile plastered on Detective Lunge's face before he raises his arm and shoots Manjiro multiple times. There's also a glint of crimson red color in his eyes but it changes immediately. His expression changes immediately into guilt and sadness, as if he's wearing a mask. He's definitely wearing a mask. Demons are good at deceiving people, after all.

You witnessed how you cried from another perspective like you are watching yourself from a movie. You see how Manjiro slowly dies in your arms. You see the extreme pain and misery in your eyes and in Manjiro's eyes. You tilt your head to Detective Lunge's direction, and he's looking at you with a blank look.

You feel yourself get suffocated, like you're slowly drowning in something. Your lungs tightened in heat as you keep on pushing yourself together. It is indeed like you are watching a movie, you can feel their pain but you can't do anything about it. Tears are falling down your cheeks. You can't remember how long you have been crying but it's just too much.

The scenario changes again, and you see how Detective Lunge easily kills Sanzu in that time when he fought him. You see how Guren hit you on the head. When you fainted on the dead body of Manjiro, Detective Lunge kills everyone inside the warehouse easily in a snap of his finger.

Like a smoke, everything changes once again until you are standing a few meters away from where your body is kneeling down, blindfolded. You can see Guren holding the gun and Detective Lunge standing behind him with an amused expression and bloody eyes. His usual detective uniform changes into a black suit and smoke from hell starts appearing around his body.

"Remember the contract," Detective Lunge whispers to your brother, "You're doing this for her own sake."

You see Guren grasp your jaw hard, but from where you are standing, you can see his eyes. Pain is also visible in them as he is hurting you, his own sister, physically.

"Any last words?" Guren asked. His jaw clenching hard as he sees your tears. He wants to wipe those tears away. But if he won't do anything to change your future, you'll suffer more.

With a smile filled with sadness, you open your mouth and whisper something softly, "I love him."

Guren looked at you with disappointment and cursed under his breath. Detective Lunge is calmly watching the two of you in silence. As a demon, he has no right to interfere or anything. He's just there to watch and maneuver your time leaping instances as per the contract.

"He's dead." Guren responded.

"Let me be with him, then."